Ensure effective execution and maintenance of all visibility elements in the store through a team of third party employees (merchandisers/ DSR’s) across the region. The Senior CDE plays an important role in the Region in ensuring profitable growth.
Internal: CDTL, CDM, CDE DT, Demand Planning Manager, Shopper Development Manager and CDT Finance Manager.
External: Distributors, Distributor Sales men, foot soldiers and trade (As per Permanent Journey Plan)
Sales Management of Major Regional Accounts
- Building and managing top to top relationships between Colgate and key players in the account(s) and channel.
- Working with customer marketing to leverage trade spending and develop effective promotional and in-store programs that drive consumption off the shelf cost effectively.
- Monitoring sales performance, gross to net, working capital and other performance indicators and taking action to improve performance.
- Influencing the customer(s) to grow sales, improve service and identify customer service and logistics efficiencies by utilizing new techniques, tools, and information systems (e.g., category management, EDI etc.
- Conducting central and regional negotiations, business reviews and follow-up with regional and/or divisional representatives.
- Use the latest information systems and business analytical tools to support decision-making.
Channel Management & Strategy
- Developing expertise in shopper profiles and behavior in each retail environment and customer by category, and by geography
- Coordinating with Sales and the CDT’s the development of a Go to Market Strategy which ensures we optimize distribution and coverage in each retail environment at the lowest possible cost
- Leading the development of a channel strategy which seeks to exploit incremental sales growth opportunities. Develop RE strategy plan and drive roll out.
- Working in conjunction with shopper insight and research professionals to develop research programs and make recommendations related to product, pricing, placement, and promotion and POP materials based on the shopping habits and behaviour of the consumer in each retail environment.
- Optimizing resources and leveraging trade spending among customers, geographies, channels, categories, and brands/products given Colgate’s strategic direction, and ensuring fair and equitable resource allocation between channels and geographies
Internal Category Management
- Acting as focal point for new product introductions and working in conjunction with Consumer Marketing to build strategic “go to market” plans for each initiative, and developing clear performance objectives for distribution, volume, profitability and market share, whilst developing specific plans to protect base business
- Ensuring Customer Management and in-store staff are supplied with relevant, value-added and easy to use channel and category expertise and direction and guidelines for management and execution of 5P strategies/tactics
- Developing tools, merchandising materials and in-store programs for effective shelf management and for inducing shoppers to purchase Colgate products in-store
- Establishing regional processes and systems to drive integrated account planning and sales forecasting and working with the supply chain to ensure product availability and effective customer service
- Collecting pre and post analyses of customer and channel promotions, developing a library of performance history, and recommending adjustments to business plans based on results to drive improved return on investment in all types of trade spending
- Developing practical and relevant presentations and tools for the CDT’s to use to support base business (e.g. product catalogues) as well as new products and re-launches.
- Assist Customer development in the SGC from time to time as may be required and necessary.
External Category Management (Joint Working)
- Developing a strategic Category Vision with Consumer Marketing from the perspective of the Consumer, CP and our Customers within which all brand activities and customer partnerships are aligned.
- Developing leading-edge tools and insights and training Customer Management staff to ensure successful implementation.
Data Collation & Analysis
- Collect and collate data from SAP and Customer Development Teams in the Region and organize into consolidated reports.
- Analysis of data from SAP, Customer Development Teams and research partners in order to identify opportunities by category, brand, customer, channel and country.
- Collecting customer (epos/Nielsen) data and organizing into a format that can be used to generate Planograms.
- Collect and collate monthly required data from CDT to SGC and vice versa.
- Using the latest information systems and business analytical tools to support decision-making.
Regional Meetings Facilitation
- Be the champion for both Commercial Alignment Meetings (CAM) and Colgate Business Planning (CBP).
- Firm long term dates with CDTS for the all meetings.
- Ensure that the meeting facilities are booked and available.
- Facilitate meetings to ensure they take place on time and participants stick to the agenda.
- Educate and ensure the use of available tools and formats as required for the meetings, collate all data in common folders and ensure telephones are in order.
- Work with the region customer development and CDTs to ensure agendas, pre-work are availed on time.
- Follow-up on minutes and provide status update on the same.
- Provide feedback to senior management on what’s working and development areas.
- Maintain trust and understanding in working with trade in general and specifically buyers, floor managers and store managers Share success stories
- Communicate promotions to build off-takes
- Mutually work towards category growth
- Resolve issues, etc.