Voltic has become a generic name for mineral and bottled water in Ghana through the provision of world-class products known for good quality and natural freshness.
An exciting job offer exists in Voltic (GH) Limited for a Maintenance Planner. Voltic (GH) Limited has been known for manufacturing of the leading premium water brand in Ghana for over two decades. Currently, Voltic (GH) Limited has expanded its portfolio to cover alcoholic beverages, carbonated soft drinks, Juices and Value-Added Dairies. This role reports to the Unit Manger- Utilities in the Manufacturing Function. The job incumbent is to manage the relevant maintenance systems, generate routine and planned maintenance schedules, support the maintenance team in the execution of maintenance and facilitate problem solving so that line availability and efficiency is maximized, breakdowns are minimized and manufacturing costs are kept to a minimum.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maintenance Planning and Control
- Plan the maintenance day following the 5 day planning cycle as per figure 1 (Planning cycle)
- Review emergency works orders using the standard and create sub-works orders
- Create the maintenance plan and assign tasks to team members, including contractors.
- Communicate and distribute plan to team members
- Update the maintenance plan directly after the forward planning meeting
- Organize and distribute maintenance work orders with loading sheet to Team Leaders
2. Continuous Improvement
- Ensure that situation and systemic problem solving is initiated to ensure loop closure
- Populate the Daily Downtime and 5 Why Board; indicating the status of 5 Why completion and the quality of 5 Why’s received
- Raises Corrective Maintenance work to be done on Maintenance day
- Plan effective Weekly Maintenance Shut Down
- Plan effective Annual Maintenance Shut Down
- Ensure Line speeds are set according to “V-Profile” and that machines are run at rated speeds
- Analyse SAP downtime data
- Ensure all asset care work complies with Asset Care Standards
3. Implement Engineering Change Management
- Initiate Engineering Changes Control on SAP and ensure that a responsible person is assigned to execute the change
- Verify that the Engineering Changes have been executed successfully and documented
- Ensure that the required engineering change control documents have been updated and that the change request is closed
4. Maintenance Programme Development
- Ensure effective safety awareness talks/incident recalls/Tool Box Talks
- Provide PPE and ensure compliance (Budget Availability)
- Ensure compliance to Permit to Work where required with Audit compliance
- Report incidents Level 3 Leadership
- Incident investigations to be closed in 24 hours
- risk management processes
5. Breakdown Management
- Verify content correct
- Recon to stoppage info
- Follow on work agreed
- CM tasks raised
- Close breakdown order
6. Manage the Maintenance Spares
- Investigate & plan for upcoming promotions/new products/trials
- Train team members on new processes/procedures/technologies and ensure competence.
- Identify Productivity opportunities (People, Cost, CAPIN)
- Communicate benchmark shared learnings to team
- Facilitate the development and use of machine problem solving systems
- Ensure problem solving taking place and loop closure taking ( QFR/5why/FFA/End state analysis/ system analysis / stage
Skills, Experience & Education
- Minimum requirement: Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical) or equivalent and trade test.
- 3 to 5 years production engineering experience with 3 years in supervisory level
- Knowledge of Packaging plant will be an advantage
- PC literate SAP (Proficiency in Microsoft office applications)
- Highly developed analytical skills with excellent problem solving capability
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality is non-negotiable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- An Innovative Thinker
- Customer focused
- Result and Execution Driven
- Resilient and energetic
- Finance budgeting and controlling