We focus on empowering developing communities to become sustainable through quality education and related community activities. Children are at the heart of everything we do.
The Programme Manager (PM) is the leader of the management team of School for Life (SfL). He/she is responsible for overseeing the strategic plan, programmes, administration and finance of the organisation. Other key duties include supervising staff, fundraising and marketing the organisation.The PM reports directly to the SfL Technical Committee (TC).
Organisation Mission and Strategy:
The PM will be working with TC and staff to ensure that the mission of SfL is fulfilled through programmes, strategic planning and community outreach. He or she will be responsible for:
- Strategic planning to ensure that SfL can successfully fulfil its Mission into the future.
- Implementation of programmes that carry out the organisation’s mission.
- The enhancement of SfL’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with state agencies, other professional. civic and private organisations
Financial Performance and Viability:
The PM develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the orzanisation.The PM is responsible for:
- fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support SfL’s mission.
- the fiscal integrity of SfL, to include submission to the TC of an annual budget and monthly. quarterly and annual financial statements. which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organisation, in collaboration with the organisation’s Finance Manager.
- fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximurn resource utilisation and maintenance of the organisation in a positive financial position.
The PM works with the TC to fulfil the organisation’s mission. He/she is responsible for:
- leading SfL in a manner that supports and guides the organisation’s mission as defined by the Technical
- communicating effectively with the TC and providing, in a timely and accurate manner,all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
The PM oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organisation are appropriate.The PM will be responsible for
- leading the hiring and retention of competent, qualified
- effective administration of SfL’s operations.
- counter-signing notes, agreements and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organisation as established in the policies.
Qualification Required & Experience
- A Masters degree in education social science, public policy or other relevant discipline is the minimum required. A Ph.D. is an added advantage.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Ten or more years’ experience in senior non-profit management in education programming.
- Must be between the ages of 35 and 55 by 31st March, 2020.
Skills and abilities required
- High-level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organisation’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Solid practical and theoretical experience and competence within the area of education policy and implementation in Ghana, with in-depth knowledge and understanding of education in a Northern Ghana context and familiar with trends and developments in the national and international education community
- Commitment to modern child-friendly pedagogy
- Excellent Management experience and good collaboration skills
- Active fundraising experience with a history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial
- Excellent IT skills, including the use of MS Office tools. Internet and social media.
Please download the application form from GDCA (www.gdcaghana.org ) or SfL (www.schoolforlifegh.org ) websites. The completed application form should not be more than SIX (6) pages. Uncompleted forms will be rejected. The completed application form, together with a one-page cover letter indicating the applicant's motivation and commitment should be submitted through this link: https://app.pipefy.com/public/form/e0SttwBn
Interested and qualified? Go to School for Life on