Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.Newmonts Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Gha...
Read more about this company
About This Role
- Are you a Geologist with a minimum of 15 years of broad industry experience in mining and exploration environments?
- Are you seeking a role in an organisation that supports the Regional Group Executive Exploration in the effective alignment of technical work carried out in support of exploration activities?
- Do you have the zeal to drive innovation and improve technical processes and systems to accelerate discoveries and reduce resource and reserve conversion costs?
In This Role You Will
- Lead a core regional pool of Subject Matter Experts in the areas of data acquisition, data management, geological modeling, geophysics, geochemistry, prospectity assessment and QA/QC. Constantly evaluate and optimize team’s performance, capacity and technical capability.
- Evaluate and prioritize work requests and partner with exploration teams to identify and allocate internal and external resources to staff teams able to complete projects in a timely fashion. Lead external consultants as necessary.
- Undertake technical reviews to ensure the quality of geological models developed by resource geologists across the region.
- Provide technical support to exploration teams in identifying, prioritizing and testing targets.
- Ensure standards for data acquisition, logging, sampling, assaying and geological modeling are followed and that these activities are carried out with sound application of geology fundamentals and proper use of available technologies.
- Provide mentoring to technical staff across exploration regional teams, support cross functional development, and improve collaboration of geologists across sites.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist
- Degree in Geology or related fields with 15+ years of broad industry experience in mining and exploration environments.
- Minimum of ten years experience in resource/reserve reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in leading technical staff and understanding and communicating management expectations.
- Visible leadership in safety, health and S&ER.
- Strong understanding of Resource and Reserves disclosure standards.
- Experience in working with and supporting exploration activities in a variety of cultural environments.
- Strong knowledge of cost-benefit analysis, project management methodologies, and change management, including engagement and communications.
- Driving towards conflict resolution and having the authority to make decisions that impact delivering of solutions.
- Cross functional Business and Technical Acumen across the mining business cycle – understanding financial implication of technical drivers.
- The position is located at the Ahafo Mine site.?
- Position is required to travel to, and assist other domestic and international sites.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected].