Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the...
Read more about this company
The Regional Field Coordinator with a conflict or CVE background, will be based in Accra and will assist with all programmatic aspects of the project, ensuring effective and efficient program management for the P4P Project. He/she will be responsible for coordination with all Country Representatives by ensuring that all activities are moving forward in each country and serving as point of contact for all technical, operational and logistical considerations from the Country Representatives, and liaising with the appropriate Accra-based operational staff to ensure compliance with all required procedures and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Regional Field Coordinator will report to the Chief of Party
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Regional Field Coordinator is responsible for:
- Overseeing the implementation of the project’s work plan at the regional and country levels.
- Working with the Country Representatives (CRs) to identify and resolve any implementation issues or bottlenecks that may occur, and escalating to the COP if necessary.
- Ensuring that activities and reports are accurately captured and shared in a timely manner with the main office and USAID.
- Ensuring and enabling routine communication and coordination between the CRs and USAID representatives in each country around activity development, implementation and reporting.
- Contributing to the writing and preparation of Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports
- Ensuring that the Country Representatives/offices maintain compliance with USAID regulations with regards to auditing requirements, procurement, grants management, financial management and that they adhere to general operational protocols overall office management.
- Investigating, identifying and advising new ways of achieving project operational efficiencies, including developing critical relationships and building networks with public and private sector organizations, vendors, suppliers, and individuals, in consultation with Accra based operations team and COP.
- In coordination and at the direction of the COP and USAID, support the implementation and monitoring of P4P’s work with regional partners.
- Support the country teams in identifying potential grantees and documenting small grant activities, in conjunction with the Grants and Database Manager.
- Advise the COP and DCOP on the evolution of the local political, legal, and economic situation and on how to continuously adapt the P4P program to ensure that it remains relevant and effective.
- Providing technical expertise during field visits when required.
- Engaging in other duties as assigned
Required Skills or Experience
B.A. or B.S. Degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, International Relations, Political Science or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 6 years of professional experience and 4 years working in international development in areas specific to the job position
- At least two years working in the domain of CVE or in conflict environments or areas affected by VE.
- Experience with program management, reporting and communication
- Understanding of the U.S. Government (preferably USAID) operational and contractual requirements
- The candidate should have experience with activity design as well as development and management of projects, preferably including both community-level and national-level activities.
- Fluency in written and oral English and French is required
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly in multi-cultural environments using fluent French
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to adapt within the working environment.