Golder Associates Inc.branded as just Golder, is a Canadian employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy.
Golder Associates is seeking a Senior Hydrogeologist and Technical Business Developer to provide support to the Groundwater, Surface water, Water Engineering, Contaminated Land and remediation, and Geochemistry Teams. Raise the profile of the teams within the mining industry in West Africa. Improve ability to deliver quality, on time and within budget. Develop business base in mining sector in West Africa.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Plan and manage groundwater projects and tasks;
- Hydrogeological assessments
- Hydraulic Testing, design and interpretation
- Contaminated groundwater assessments
- Interpretation and conceptualisation of hydrogeological data
- Set field Monitoring Programme
- Conduct and oversee relevant field work assessments
- Oversee hydro-geological modelling
- Liaise with Clients (internal and external)
- Engage with Authorities
- Generate project opportunities
- Report writing and review
- Proposal writing
- Provide mentorship
- Business development with mining clients in West Africa
- Standards / Processes / Procedures.
- Demonstrable experience with MS Word, MS Excel (Advanced), MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Projects
The successful candidate will have a background in:
- BSc Hons in Hydrogeology (minimum), MSc or PhD (preferable).
- Hydrogeological assessment for EIA’s, Dewatering and Resource Development projects
- Conceptualisation expertise
- Experience in large and medium scale hydrogeological assessment of groundwater impacts, dewatering studies and groundwater resource development studies
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in practical hydrogeology
- Expertise in West African Hydrogeological conditions
- Strong Mining Hydrogeology and Geology background
- Strong analytical skills
- Management experience of running a consultancy business will be beneficial
- This Position involves project leadership although execution of projects will also be expected.
- Being regarded as an expert in a technical discipline area (includes project management) in their region or nationally.
- Major focus is towards project direction for projects with significant budgets and complexity, including contract negotiation, identifying strategic needs and provision of technical direction.
- Client focus is on maintaining a broad client base and actively pursuing new business opportunities.
- Displays leadership in technical elements of role, in management of project teams.
- Mentors and coaches junior and intermediate staff with respect to their career growth and professional development.
- Is responsible for ensuring delivery of significant project reports or review of complex technical reports.
- Focuses on setting a positive example by identifying and reporting hazards, near misses and incidents.
- Displays a ‘safety first’ focus.
- Actively raises safety issues to the attention of peers, contractors and visitors and assists in seeking resolution to the issues identified.
- Communicates clearly and consistently the importance of health and safety and recognizes those who show the right behaviors.
- Diplomat: skill in diplomacy, able to tactfully address and resolve difficult situations.
- Ownership attitude: self-driven, willing to jump in and sort out higher-level issues (rather than wait for someone else).
- Strong mentor: actively mentors a number of people in their group or in other groups or offices.
- Client focus: introduces intermediate staff to their existing clients, pursues new business opportunities, and seeks new opportunities through regular client contact, positive networking and cross-selling.
- Technical excellence: involved in professional committees, expert panels, publications and conference organisation.
- Corporate awareness: able to translate global initiatives to the office level, maintaining regular contact with regional and international Golder colleagues and peers
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Opportunity to deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.