Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.Newmonts Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Gha...
Read more about this company
To lead, develop and manage the System and Services (S&S) Unit under the Sustainability and External Relations (S&ER) function.
Performance Monitoring and Tracking
- Facilitate monthly and quarterly reviews of S&ER performance and targets.
- Coordinate functions risk assessments, profiling and quarterly risk reviews.
- Consolidate the findings of impact studies and evaluation into reports and submit to relevant consultants and/or business partners.
- Lead and coordinate all impact studies and evaluations (i.e. Health, Economic, Social, S&ER project specific evaluations, Social Audits).
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation of social performance initiatives. (e.g. Health, Social and Economic, External Stakeholder satisfaction surveys etc.).
- Conduct robust performance monitoring activities and distil insights into detailed reports.
Sustainability and External Relations System Functionality
- Supervise and provide business administration support to IT System users.
- Commission and maintain a database for environment and social data capturing and reporting.
- Commission enhancements and significant upgrades to the system.
- Develop draft scope of work and business process requirements for new system developments
- Ensure the full functionality of the S&ER database by commissioning system developers to develop a robust, fast and secure system.
Land Access Payment Quality Assurance
- Confirm that timely payment of Land Access related compensation has been made.
- Oversee the provision of quality assurance and control of all Land Acquisition compensation payments by project implementers.
Budget Planning and Cost Provision
- Approve land access compensation payment receipts and agreement forms.
- Facilitate the budget, cost engineering and reporting (i.e. operational and capital) pertaining to the Social Compliance cost center.
- Initiate a tracking tool to determine whether audit resolutions have been met and completed.
- Consolidate audit findings, prepare reports and make detailed recommendations on the findings.
- Initiate planning and social systems audits to determine if milestones have been achieved.
- Provide updates on public targets and commitments, stage gates, project scoping and CAPA to the Senior Manager, S&ER
Compliance and Governance
- Oversee that all initiatives are delivered in accordance with Newmont stakeholder management and community transformation policies.
- Guide Systems and Services activities and processes to ensure alignment to internal governance processes, as well as delivery on commitments.
Training & Experience
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Bachelors’ Degree in Social Science, Management Information Systems, Development Policy Planning or a related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation of social investments within the extractive industry
- Work demands high levels of concentration, due to writing, reviewing and approving activities that need to be completed
- Position requires travelling occasionally to other sites for meetings and other assignments
- Work activities sometimes extend beyond working hours, especially during business planning and meeting critical business deadlines and deliverables
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.
Newmont seeks to recruit, hire, place and promote qualified applicants, meaning applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position, without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnic, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Newmont does not ask for or require job applicants to pay money to apply or be considered for employment with the Company. In addition, Newmont does not ask potential job candidates to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal, and only as requested for legitimate business purposes. If you are asked to provide money or sensitive personal data through any other means, do not respond and please report this immediately to [email protected].