Global Commissioning Limited is a privately owned consultancy, offering commissioning management and validation services to project developers and operators, ensuring they receive a fully operational and design compliant building at handover.
The post holder is responsible for the safe, timely, and efficient design, installation and commissioning of MEP systems and IT infrastructure within the built environment.
The post holder will be required to manage services both on and off-site, providing line management to MEP Project Managers, MEP Supervisors and various sub-contractors as required.
- Provide leadership and oversight, ensuring all MEP works are commissioning on time, in full, to the correct quality standard
- Manage a small team comprising of MEP Project Engineers, MEP Supervisor, and various sub-contractors as required, ensuring they are trained, competent and motivated to conduct their duties
- Conduct site surveys as required and feed output into the project team
- Lead meetings with designers, specialist contractors, and internal teams to review final stage design details, ensuring opportunities for value engineering are maximised
- Review of final designs to ensure compliance to specification and value engineering opportunities are grasped
- On-site review and management of building services installation to ensure contract compliance
- Ensure correct installation and commissioning of MEP elements, ensuring that all work is completed to the relevant professional and statutory standards
- Drive the design, installation, and commissioning process
- Manage input into post-installation lessons learned processes focused on continual improvement of the MEP system deployed
- Learn, un-learn, and re-learn industry best practice deploying this within the specialist field to ensure we maintain the leading edge in our field.
- Ensure health and safety policy is adhered to at all times
This is an outline description of the key responsibilities and accountabilities involved in the job. This is not an exhaustive list, and the post-holder may be expected to undertake any other duties across the wider organisation, commensurate with level of responsibility of this post, and for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training.
- Relevant engineering discipline degree or trade qualifications (City & Guilds, BTEC, NVQ, or equivalent) - Essential
- CSCS / ECS / EMSS / Safe Pass - Essential
- Prince 2 or equivalent - Desirable
- We will fully support those candidates who have the potential to achieve the above through further education, CPD, and mentoring.
Specialist Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of the project management process - Essential
- Fully comprehensive across all Microsoft Office applications - Essential
- Able to write detailed, comprehensive commissioning method statements / test scripts, commissioning plans, and commissioning reports - Advantageous
- A minimum of 5 years technical experience across the design, build and commissioning of MEP services and relevant professional standards and legislation - Essential
- Previous experience of M&E project management - Essential
- Commissioning of Data Centres - Essential