United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program. This initiative will offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world class university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants. -By completion of their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications.
1. Only youth not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify:
- Young women and men. Young women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Refugees and displaced youth;
- Youth with disabilities.
2. Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Academic talent: They must value learning and have a personal motivation to complete their education. Must meet the university admissions requirement as per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- Commitment to giving back: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- Leadership potential: Scholars must show commitment to becoming change makers, role models and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
3. Must be interested in, and meet USIU admissions criteria and academic qualifications to undertake, any of the approved 11 undergraduate degree program for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology;
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS)-Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business Administration (CSOB)- Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) -Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology)
- More information about the above highlighted degree programs can be found at the university website: undergraduate-programs/
- Interested applicants can download the application forms from www.usiu.ac.ke/mcf-scholarship or pick from Main Administration Building, Admissions Office, USIU-Africa at no cost.
- Submit completed application forms by email as an attachment, ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all required documents are clearly legible and send to: [email protected] or drop at Main Administration Building, Admissions Office, USIU-Africa or post to:
Program Director, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, USIU-Africa, P.O. Box 14634 - 00800, Nairobi
- Any queries can be directed through e-mail at [email protected] or phone +254730 116 218 or in person
Benefits of joining the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program:
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counselling and mentorship;
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
Important dates and deadlines:
- July 15, 2020 – Launch of call for applications for the September 2020 intake.
- August 7, 2020 – Deadline for the submission of applications.
- August 8 – 18, 2020 – Review of applications, interviews and selection of Scholars.
- August 19 -21, 2020 – Communication of the final decision to the selected Scholars.
- August 23 – 29 – Pre-university orientation for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa.
- August 31 – September 4 – Undergraduate orientation week.
Check all latest Scholarships
Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime