The Compliance Manager will deliver his/her mandate in a high-performing work environment to ensure that GFX’s reputational risks are proactively monitored and mitigated across all teams (sales, trading, operations settlements, finance). The Compliance Manager will be directly accountable to the board and regulators and would ensure that the business is fully compliant with all laws/regulations and applicable policies and that conduct and reputational risks are proactively monitored and mitigated.
He/she would be required to utilize Salesforce (our client management software system) to manage the onboarding process and our opportunities pipeline.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking a highly motivated, proactive personality who possesses high ethical standards as is required for the role. This person must be a team player and an excellent communicator with leadership, time management, and great communication skills. The candidate must be reliable, honest, and have strong attention to detail.
Compliance (operational) oversight:
- Oversee the implementation of a compliance risk management plan that is fit for purpose for the company-the plan being an effective assessment of the regulatory, conduct and reputational risks to be delivered through effective management, implementation of government policies and regulatory standards, training, monitoring, and ongoing assurance
- Be the accountable key risk owner for the business by maintaining detailed risk assessment for the business
- Maintain and regularly assess a regulatory risk register for the business
- Perform effective monthly assurance testing on key identified regulatory risks and regularly review the scope of each review, conclusions, and final report
- Proactively monitor, manage and ensure all notifications and reporting requirements are met
Money Laundering Reporting Officer:
- Ensure GFX has effective systems and controls for compliance with requirements and standards under the SEC’s regulatory system. Ensure that the above systems and controls enable GFX to identify, assess, monitor, and manage money laundering risk
- Receipt and review internal disclosures and external reporting where necessary and appropriate
- Appropriate provision of information to the boards and senior management, including at least annual reporting on the operation and effectiveness of the company’s AML systems and controls
- Appropriate documentation of risk management policies and risk profiles in relation to money laundering activities
Engagement and management of stakeholders:
- Actively drive a stakeholder management plan for all compliance and regulatory matters affecting the business
- Be the point of entry for interactions with each statutory regulator regarding the business. Manage regulatory relations and engagements in respect of GFX Brokers’ business including relationships with SEC and BoG
- Position and communicate compliance policies, requirements, and initiatives with relevant stakeholders
- Maintain constructive regular engagement with relevant stakeholders, including business, other functions (including second and third lines of defense), and regulators.
- Work with sales and trading team to ensure KYC compliance for new and existing clients
Internal compliance Lead:
- Lead on and drive the right behavior across teams, specifically ensuring adherence to the organizational values, rules, and standard operating procedures. Achieve this by clearly communicating the role, objectives, and benefits of compliance to the business
· Internal reporting on risk management, resourcing, and achievement of key performance indicators
- Maintain a compliance training plan for the business and ensure effective execution of training, including face-to-face and e-learning
- Be proactive in anticipating and addressing risks, driving adherence to the values of the company, and being a role model for compliance across the company
- Manage new regulatory requirements by evaluating regulations (local and international) identified as relevant to the business and provide an impact analysis relevant to the business. Address impacts, including policy amendments, business notifications, and provision of training
- Support with board engagements, board reporting, advisory compliance services
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Graduate/ postgraduate qualification in law, finance, business management, or a related field from a well-recognized tertiary institute with a minimum of 4 years post qualification working experience.
- Must be a professional Lawyer, called to the Bar and a member of the Ghana Bar Association.
- Good knowledge of legal requirements, statutory regulations, and procedures.
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & relationship building skills.
- Effective leadership skills and ability to ensure adherence to compliance procedures by colleagues, superiors, or subordinates.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Confident and assertive.
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation is competitive, market-aligned, and negotiated upon the relevant experience of the candidate. The role includes medical insurance and a yearly bonus package based on team performance.