About The Job
About The Program:
Since 2008, Women’s W ealth to H ealth (WHW), as an Americares Access to Medicine program partner, has imported and distributed Americares donated medicines and medical commodities to over 200 health facilities, including the Ghana Health Service/Ministry of Health (GHS/MOH).
In 2021, Americares extended the partnership with WHW over the next three years to support WHW’s efforts in a range of programmatic activities , including Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (MNCH), Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) and Supply Chain Strengthening.
Scaling up the importation and distribution of donated medicines and medical supplies, and procurement of high-need, low availability health products to support the expansion of health programs as part of this project is critical and will require supply chain strengthening interventions including the implementation of a Supply Chain Management (SCM) software. Americares and WHW has agreed on the need for this software to standardize and streamline the supply chain management processes and achieve higher inventory control .
This tool will allow WHW to track inventory starting from when a shipment or local procurement is created to when it is distributed. It provides the means to track inventory in a reliable and efficient manner by generating reports on the receiving, management, and dispatch of products in the field to the end user.
Project Goal: On-premises supply chain software deployment at Women’s Health to Wealth and donor partners.
Key Relationships: Manager, Africa and Middle East Programs, and Executive Director, Women’s Health to Wealth
Scope of Work:
- IT Infrastructure Assessment
- Review and analyze the effectiveness of WHW current technology systems.
- Determine ways to better align technological infrastructure systems to support business operations for increased efficiency.
- Configure and maintain those systems to ensure they meet the organization’s business needs.
- Integration of local donor partners into the WHW technology system, including onsite assessment of partner capacity
- On-premise supply chain software deployment
- Lead on-premises deployment of an open-source supply chain management software designed to manage supplies and medications
- Review and compare leading open -source supply chain Management Software.
- Install, monitor, maintain, and upgrade the software and server components throughout the software lifecycle.
- Training and ongoing technical support
- Deliver technical training to WHW staff on SCM software
- Provide Instructions on how to perform all types of tasks in SCM through user manuals and guidelines
- Provide ongoing support for one month after training to troubleshoot any issues with the use of the newly installed SCM software
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a B.S. in Computer Science or related major, or equivalent experience
- You have 1-2 years of n etwork infrastructure experience
- You have 3-5 years of experience working with and/or managing servers
- You have 2-3 years of experience with supply chain software, development experience preferred
- You have e xperience working with multiple operating systems, including Windows and Linux des ktop, Ubuntu or other Debian-based distros
- You have experience with open-source software
- You are familiar with Java: spring framework, Grails, REST API, and Hibernate
- You are familiar with common databases, such as MySQL, and have an understanding of relational databases
- You have experience working with Middleware tool/technology suite including Apache HTTPD, Tomcat, etc.
- You are fluent in English. Ability to speak Twi is preferred.
Additionally, our core competencies as an organization are:
- Ownership and results
- Problem solving
- Equity and inclusion
- Teamwork and conflict resolution