MTN is a leading emerging market operator, connecting subscribers in 22 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. The MTN Group is listed on the JSE Securities Exchange in South Africa under the share code: MTN. As of 30 June 2013, MTN recorded 201.5 million subscribers across its operations in Afghanistan, Benin, Botswana, Cameroon, Cote dIvoire, Cy...
Read more about this company
Division: Information Technology
Department: Chief Information Officer (CIO) Office
Level: MTN Level 3H
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
To provide expertise in technical, analytical and leadership insights on IT Strategy, designing and implementation of technology solutions that align with MTN Ghana and its subsidiaries goals as well as globally accepted IT standards, frameworks, and best practices.
- Dynamic and highly competitive telecommunication & ICT industry
- Multiregulation and multifaceted stakeholder management
- Public Listed Organization
- Environmental, social and governance prioritized.
- Partnerships at the core of business practices
- MTN Group approved IT Standards and Practices
- Global technology trends and advancements
- Regionalization structure implication
Foundational Skills Proficiency Required
· Strategic Planning & Thinking
- Lead and direct a strategic planning team to address and outline the future direction of an organization.
- Establish strategic performance measures to allow the organization to continually assess and adjust program direction.
- Explain the strategic direction of the organization to others.
· Critical Thinking
- Critically compare different points of view
- Identify the linkage of actions to achieving outcomes.
- Apply formal methods and strategies to enhance creative thought.
- Effectively analyse situations and collect input to make informed decision.
· Analytical Thinking
- Identify options and solutions for addressing problem analysed.
- Identify solutions to problems by identifying and evaluating various option developed and select the most effective solution.
- Draw logical and objective conclusions from given data sets and validate them as the prime cause and contributing causes.
· Decision Making based on Decision Modelling
- Able to match appropriate solutions to a variety of business needs / demands. Consistently “thinks ahead” when making decisions and seeks to pre-empt possible solutions.
- Takes ultimate responsibility for key decisions within the areas of responsibility.
- Strongly contributes to effective problem solving and decision making and is clearly accountable and seeks to effectively manage risk.
- Ability to build decision models to analyse and solve basic to intermediate problems.
· Integrated Analytics
- Expertise in behavioural information and technical data; adopt analytics to make a strong contribution to leadership for problem solving and decision-making processes.
- Influence organizational strategy based on big data.
- Provide expertise during the planning and development of IT strategy and solutions architecture program for the business and its subsidiaries.
- Establish close working relationships with internal stakeholders/clients to understand their requirements and develop solutions that are both functional and cost-effective.
- Support in facilitating the design and transition of current state to end state solutions architectures.
- Maintain and align the understanding of the business needs and goals of internal stakeholders and clients needs and goals to advise on technology solutions.
- Communicate the solutions architecture design, functionality, risks, and proposed mitigation of solutions to clients and stakeholders and developing proof-of-concept projects to validate proposed solutions.
- Maintain and share in-depth knowledge of new technologies and trends, evaluate, and make recommendations on how they can be applied to the business.
- Provide expert guidance by reviewing and validating architecture designs and solutions to the IT teams, IT Vendors, and business units.
- Monitor and evaluate the implemented solutions provided and improve the performance of solutions.
- Identify and address architecture technical challenges to solve business pain points.
- Collaborate with the IT development, IT security and business unit teams to ensure solutions are implemented correctly and securely.
- Minimum of a University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Relevant post graduate qualification is an advantage.
- Relevant certification/accreditation/membership with professional body such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Azure Solutions Architect required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant solutions Architecture experience of which 5 years of this experience has been exposed in a similar role in a technology organization/ oriented role where an understanding of the business allows for technology solutions to be aligned with business goals.
- Experience in software development at a senior level
- Experience with technologies, platforms, and programming language – egs TOGAF, eTOM, COBIT, ITIL, TM Forum
- Experience and understanding of DevOps practices and principles, keen understanding of AGILE Fundamentals
- Working experience in building API Platforms and Cloud Native Tools – including API DevOps, API Management Platforms
- Experience in leading change / transformation at a strategic and operational level advantageous
- Experience in systems design, integration, and implementation to align technology solutions with business goals.
- Experience in IT Governance, Risk Management and Compliance
- Project Management experience
- Strong knowledge of core technology (Infrastructure, Applications), business processes and technology supplier community
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.
- Expertise in the DevOps field and capable of consulting with multiple teams to determine the best possible toolset to ensure that software projects.
· Business Analysis knowledge and skills
- A deep understanding of various technologies, platforms, and programing language.
- In-depth understanding of coding languages
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases
- Keep abreast of new technologies and trends in the industry.
- Project Management
- Resource Management
- Commercial acumen
- Stakeholder Management
- IT Governance
- Information Security
- Change management.
- Manages self and team performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability.
- Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently.
- Interpersonal Skills - Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports.
- Personal Skills - Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
- Operating Skills - Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively.
- Organisational Positioning Skills - Good written and verbal communication, commitment to the organization
- Global thinker, Analytical thinking, Best Practice Value Creator and Problem-solving abilities
- Influencing and Consultancy skills
Must live the MTN Values of
- Can Do; Integrity; leadership; Innovation; Relationships
Must exhibit the MTN Vital Behaviors of
- Complete Candor, Complete Accountability, Active Collaboration & Get it done.
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number Ref no MTNITCIO1 as the email subject and ensure that CVs are saved in their names. Applications without the subject and CVs saved in their names will automatically be disqualified.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 27th March 2023 to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.