The Manager will coordinate efforts across regional program and technical solutions teams and ensure successful submission of well-written, high-quality, competitive proposals to institutional funders including USAID, other bi-lateral / multi-lateral donors, and corporate and professional  foundations. The role involves cultivating business intelligence, attending external events, networking, and coordinating and facilitating meetings. The Manager will also build a pipeline of new funding opportunities, by consistently following the opportunity lifecycle, leading writing efforts on proposals/concept notes and other materials, coordinating budget inputs and other application materials, developing written correspondence, and managing database accounts.
The position requires a candidate who is highly proactive, with a strong work ethic, professional demeanor and customer service mentality, who truly enjoys writing, meeting new people and facilitating teamwork.
Reporting and relationships: The Manager, Institutional Relations will report to the Senior Director, Institutional Relations. Candidates will likely possess at least 5 years of relevant experience and can demonstrate they have achieved significant results in similar roles.
Availability and Travel: This position is exempt and will be expected to work 100% of a standard workweek of 40 hours. The Manager will follow Grameen Foundation’s safety and security protocol regarding the COVID-19 pandemic including location of work. The Manager may be required to travel domestically and/or internationally 1-2 trips/year.
ABOUT GRAMEEN FOUNDATION
- Grameen Foundation is a global nonprofit that enables the poor, especially women, to create a world without poverty and hunger. Learn more about our rich, innovative organizational culture here; learn about our Mission, Work, and Impact here.
- Conduct networking to develop relationships with institutional funders and partners based in Washington, DC or Sub-Saharan Africa. Expand list of contacts and enhance the organization’s knowledge of priorities, trends and opportunities regarding this donor base;
- Manage a robust pipeline of institutional funding opportunities ranging from early stage capture to full proposal development across Grameen’s core program areas of digital agriculture, digital financial services, and women’s economic empowerment;
- Work with technical and regional program (especially the Africa Regional Director) to research, track and follow up on business intelligence leading up to bid opportunities;
- Advance team effort on new opportunities through coordinating the opportunity lifecycle process, including research, brainstorming, partner outreach, design/development of the technical approach, writing and editing support, budgeting, application submission, and project handover;
- Proactively lead writing of pitch/strategy documents, concept notes, and proposals as well as meeting minutes, team updates, and other documentation;
- Maintain Salesforce record accuracy and timely updating, as well as other knowledge management tasks;
- Set up, attend and/or facilitate internal and external meetings/calls.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid understanding of the proposal development process and demonstrated success managing aspects of proposal development to institutional funders;
- At least 5 years of experience in new business development within international development, preferably within agriculture, financial services, women’s empowerment or relevant field, with proven results in similar roles.
- Bachelors (or Masters) in international development, business, or a related field;
- Solid and proven knowledge of and interest in digital agriculture, digital financial services, and/or women’s economic empowerment within international development contexts, especially in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- At least 5 years of experience implementing public-private partnerships and/or USG-funded programs highly preferred;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to independently lead complex processes;
- Exceptional written and verbal English language skills – A Must Have Requirement;
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and facilitation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a team in a highly dynamic environment to gather and synthesize information;
- Demonstrated experience and interest in working in a global/multicultural organization across multiple time zones;
- Professional and willing to serve others to ensure work is completed;
- Strong computer and database skills and comfort (Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Salesforce or other CRM);
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and gender equality in line with Grameen Foundation’s mission.