African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Banks development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly r...
Read more about this company
The Integrity and Prevention Division has the overriding mandate of developing preventive measures to proactively reduce the potential for staff misconduct, fraud or corruption within Bank Group financed operations.
The Principal Integrity Officer is responsible for leading the implementation of integrity and anti-corruption compliance policies related to due diligence processes within Bank operations, integrity compliance guidelines, the debarment and cross debarment of the sanctioning process and capacity building activities on integrity and anti-corruption for Bank staff and key stakeholders. He will develop tools and measures that will enhance the banks due diligence (Integrity Due Diligence, Anti-Money Laundering & Countering Terrorism Financing & Tax due diligence), and integrity compliance processes to strengthen integrity and anti-corruption and reduce corruption vulnerability in bank group operations.
In this context, the Principal Integrity Officer shall maintain the highest standard of professional proficiency and integrity; and shall be guided by the ethos of confidentiality, fairness, equity and due diligence.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Division Manager, the Principal Integrity Officer shall carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Conduct fraud and corruption awareness and publicity programs in Regional Member Countries (RMCs) and the provision of relevant training of Bank’s employees in the field offices and with external partners;
- Prepare training programmes, implement tools and proactive measures, including campaigns and outreach programs, to train and assist operational staff and other partners of the Bank Group, in order to proactively reduce integrity violations, misconduct, fraud or corruption within Bank Group-financed Operations;
- Contribute to the development of innovative training tools and case studies for training;
- Conduct outreach activities on fraud and anti-corruption awareness, detection and prevention;
- Engage operational staff on findings of Due Diligence reviews conducted on Bank financed activities;
- Detect integrity, anti-money laundering, countering financing of terrorism risks in Bank financed activities through the analysis of information collected from all available resources, including conducting media analysis of fraud and corruption in bank financed activities in regional member countries;
- Develop and maintaining risk assessment strategies and processes to strengthen and reduce vulnerability;
- Support the Bank’s broader efforts to enhance measures to combat fraud and corruption through sensitization and awareness activities, maintaining knowledge management database and information sharing network for best practices and lessons learned in integrity, prevention, detection and investigations of misconduct;
- Collaborate in multilateral efforts to mitigate the risks of fraud or corruption in development activities;
- Contribute to the preparation of annual activity report on the activities of the Division and assist in its publication on the Bank’s website;
- Contribute to the Department’s Annual Integrity Reporting;
- Assist in the reviewing of Bank anti-corruption policies to ensure that it is in line with current industry policies;
- Assist in the mainstreaming of anti-corruption in bank policy documents.
- At least a Master’s degree or equivalent in Law, Social Sciences, Communication Studies, Governance, Business Administration, anti-corruption, tax and Public Policy or a related field;
- Professional qualification in Certified Fraud Examination (CFE) would be an added advantage
- A minimum of six (06) years post graduated extensive and progressive experience in the area of governance, tax, law, anti-fraud and anti-corruption work, within a multi-lateral development financial institution, development organization, government, private or civil society sector at the regional and international level.
- Substantial professional experience in fraud / loss prevention work and statistical analytic tools;
- Strong time management and document management skills with fine attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Strong and proven ability to write, present and report clearly;
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical ability; attention to detail and ability to work independently and manage challenges;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with and proven ability to work in a team to develop trust and demonstrate fairness;
- Integrity and Honesty;
- Superior interpersonal skills with ability to relate to employees and management at all levels
- Problem solving;
- Team working;
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English or French.
- Ability to speak and write effectively in both English and French (desirable)
- Competence in the use of the Bank’s standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).