Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime Signup Now
Jumia is the leading pan-Africa e-commerce platform. Founded in 2012, Jumias mission is to improve the quality of everyday life in Africa by leveraging technology to deliver innovative, convenient and affordable online services to consumers, while helping businesses grow as they use our platform to reach and serve consumers.
Read more about this company
he Head of Commercial Operations & Revenue at Jumia is responsible for anticipating and structuring commercial activity. It includes 6 dimensions clearly identified:
- Business steering monthly and daily from topline to bottom line
- Commercial event organization
- Price management to ensure we offer the lowest prices across all markets
- Inventory management
- Revenue management to ensure Jumia accelerates its trajectory towards profitability
- Weekly analysis of our Jumia actual trajectory versus business plan
The Head of Commercial Operations & Revenue is managing and coordinating the work of the commercial operations and Revenue Management teams. He aims at bringing exceptional growth for revenue, volume, margin, assortment and conversion rate.
The Head of Commercial Operations & Revenue is definitely a main contributor for delivering a world-class customer experience and ensuring Jumia becomes the most beloved shopping destination for Africans.
Your position as Head of Commercial Operations & Revenue entails:
- Coordinating the execution of the Performance Steering Actions (PSAs) with the Seller Management team
- Giving daily and weekly visibility on key deviations versus Business Plan
- Defining, coordinating and executing Jumia promotional events, from Black Friday and jumia Anniversary to weekly commercial events
- Promoting the diversity on our websites by coordinating commercial teams and marketing teams to highlight strong categories level
- Ensuring we maintain our gross margin by controlling Jumia retail and marketplace margins as well as assessing the performance of each revenue streams (value added services, logistic services, etc)
- Approving retail requests as well as repricing inventory twice a week taking into account coverage, age, write off/back
- Ensuring Jumia is offering the lowest prices on its assortment by scanning, mapping and comparing Jumia and its competitors’ SKUs several times a week (“Phoenix Process”)
- Fostering deduplication on our platform (having a maximum number of vendors selling the same SKUs)
- Increasing the number of fast moving marketplace SKUs secured in Jumia Express to ensure a best in class commercial experience
- Centralizing all BI requests from local and central commercial teams to ensure commercial has specs for each development needed and receive the right level of prioritization by our BI team
A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Amazing analytical skills
- Organized and Structured
- A Fast learner who is resistant to stress
- Very independent with a strong ability to go further than the expectations
Expected background and technical skills:
- Top Business / Engineering Schools and Universities
- 5 years experience
- A significant experience in ecommerce, management consulting, venture capital, company creation or category management (retail) would be appreciated
- Proficiency in MS Office and Excel (VBA would be a plus)
- Ability to analyse large data sets to make strategic decisions
As a whole, we expect someone passionate, creative and able to work efficiently. We expect a leader.
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
- The opportunity to be part of a team full of talented people with the best backgrounds
go to method of application »
As Head of Engagement you will be responsible to utilize all Offline media channels & Social media to drive consumer adoption to Jumia. You will also leverage PR to foster Jumia branding.
Offline media channels will include TV, radio, out of home (billboards), print. Social media media will focus on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Google (ratings especially) as well as Twitter (potentially).
You will work across different functions to execute the offline and Social media marketing strategy and deliver plans in line with company strategy and objectives. You will be especially involved during Jumia’s signature Tier 1 events – Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary etc – a key moment for customer acquisition and retention.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan, manage, and execute key offline activities to deliver on the company’s objectives
Focus especially on key Tier 1 commercial events (Jumia Mobile Week, Jumia Anniversary, Jumia Black Friday)
- Define and execute the customer centric marketing approach of Jumia – drive focus, gather key data to provide marketing insight, execute brand health trackers with partners, etc.
- Monitor implementation and scale up Jumia influencer program – the cornerstone of our influencer strategy
- Ensure growth on # vendors participating to the program
- Assess the quality of the influencers and emulate the community
- Frequently interact with them to ensure they are excited to be part of the program
- Design and implement tool to better monitor the impact of their posts on some performance indicators
- Engagement levels on their posts, # app downloads, etc
- Assess and improve the quality of our posts
- Make checks on all our SoMe on a daily basis
- Provide guidance to ensure posts generate the right level of engagement
- Be ahead of the curve for all the viral trends
- Memes, challenges, reposts, news
- Share best practices across countries
- Foster genuine user-generated content – with a clear focus on YouTube
- Emulate our followers and users so they frequently post content
- Promote user-generated content
- Create virality / give it visibility
- Review Social Media Sentiment through Social studio
- Understand the drivers & design actions to correct any negative trajectory
- Support Jumia SoMe team interacting with our followers and customers on a daily basis
- Develop branding of Jumia as well as customer understanding
- Develop & execute long & short-term PR strategy to be aligned with country CEO vision, and building a sustainable relation with media, influencer & public figures
- Act as Brand Ambassador by presenting & guarding the brand
- Contribute to building the annual yearly marketing calendar with Online Marketing and commercial team
- Manage frequent surveys and focus group
- Manage & own the offline marketing budget, ex budget split across different channels, and end of month finance reporting
- Set specific KPIs for each activity and evaluating its ROI
- Develop Jumia talent pool by recruiting and managing team
- Setting their KPIs, and continuously develop positive spirit
Required and skills qualifications:
- Ability to think out the box
- Relationship within the media / offline marketing landscape in Tunisia.
- Management skills and strong leadership, the position oversees 5+ FTEs
- Minimum 5 years experience in advertising agencies/B2C company or successful entrepreneurial background
- Former employee referrals
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love