Giving street children a chance It is the goal of Chance for Children, to empower the street children in Accra to take their lives into their own hands. We achieve this by providing the children with love, safety and security as well as enabling them school education and professional training. Chance for Children is an accredited non-governmental organisa...
Read more about this company
- Reporting to: Country representative/ Country programmes manager
- Salary: GHC 58,800-GHC 66,500 per annum, depending on experience
- Job type: Permanent, full-time (40 hours per week)
- Location: Accra
Purpose of the role
The Programmes and Administrative Officer will provide timely and accurate administrative, programme management and fundraising support to the Country Representative-Ghana, as well as develop a working knowledge of key programmatic areas, to support and inform programmes development opportunities. This role provides an opportunity to the post holder to build his / her programmatic and funding expertise with support from the Country Representative and the Programmes team.
Overall, the post holder will contribute to the smooth running of the Charity by supporting the general administration and internal communication across the office in Ghana and across other country offices.
The Programmes and Administrative Officer will be motivated to create administrative efficiencies within their scope of work, demonstrate excellent communication skills to maintain and enhance stakeholder relationships where necessary and be flexible to support tasks as they arise across the organisation, particularly in the Programmes team.
Main duties and responsibilities
Organisation-wide administration and logistical support (40%)
- Act as first point of contact for enquiries to Chance for Childhood, through handling of telephone calls and general emails, and ensuring these are passed on or followed up on a timely and appropriately basis.
- Monitoring of office supplies and stationery and ordering as required.
- Support the logistical organisation of meetings or trainings, including the procurement and booking of venues, stationeries and other needs as required
- Assist with maintenance of office equipment as needed and under supervision of the Country Representative and Regional Finance Manager.
- Assist with local and international travel arrangements for field trips and off-site meetings including flight and accommodation bookings, visa processing and liaison with local partners to finalise itineraries and overseas bookings.
- Maintain knowledge of staff whereabouts and seamlessly transfer calls to members of staff regardless of their location.
Programmatic Management and Development Support (35%)
- Liaising closely with the Country Representative and Programmes Team, act as a key resource person to support the day-to-day management of a small portfolio of partners, for example through researching and collating best practices, completing desk-based research to improve programmes quality and capacity-building efforts.
- Under guidance of the Country Representative and Programmes Director as required, lead and deliver desk-based literature review, situationally analyses and stakeholders mapping, to feed in the development of new programmes design and large funding proposals.
Programme funding support (25%)
- Lead on the prospection of trusts and foundations, and other potential funding opportunities relevant to the wider portfolio of programmes, with particular attention and responsibility for the portfolio of partners under his/her direct management.
- Lead the submission of small applications to corporates, trusts and foundations, ensuring the preparation of quality proposals and accompanying budgets and documentations, directly contributing to the Programmes Team fundraising targets
- Assist Programmes Managers in the timely and quality submission of progress reports, case studies and project updates, to Trusts and Foundations supporting Chance for Childhood’s work
- Actively contribute to the team’s work plans and internal staff meetings.
- Represent Chance for Childhood at external meetings and events when relevant.
- Keep up to date with any changes in legislation, regulatory procedures, best practice and industry standards.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as may be required.
Required Skills or Experience
- The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in either Development studies/planning, Social work, Social science, education, project management or any related fields.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in delivering on the key responsibilities for this position is required.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Ability to speak local languages ie Twi, Dagbani, Hausa is an added advantage.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Females who have past working experience in disability, inclusion, early childhood development and care are highly encouraged to apply.
go to method of application »
The IT Officer maintains the computer networks of the organization, providing technical support and ensuring the whole company runs smoothly. IT Support monitors and maintains the company computer systems, installs and configures hardware and software, and solves technical problems
IT Support – Detailed Responsibilities
- In charge of our “Data Case Management Software” based on a SQL database processing system
- Installation and configuration of computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
- Monitoring and maintenance of computer systems and networks, which is based on Windows, Linux, Android or I Phones Technology.
- Provision of technical support across the company.
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Testing new technology
Required Skills or Experience
- Proven experience as an IT Technician and Software specialist
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks, preferred with WINDOWS (or LINUX) and SQL knowhow
- Knowledge in html/CSS
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Excellent knowledge about Excel
Skills and Abilities
- technical, logical thought processes
- Working according to strict deadlines
- Multi-tasking and to work autonomously
- Prioritizing demanding workload
- Excellent analytical, logical, critical thinking skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- High accuracy and quality focused mindset
- Outstanding planning, organizational and time-management skills
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and request
- At least a Degree in Information Tech, Computer Science.
- Must have thorough knowledge in software applications
- Minimum of 5 years working experience, of which 2-3 years in the area of software applications in an organization with highly sophisticated processes and quality standards.
- An experience in the logistical field will be an added advantage.
- Professional Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional).
- The individual should be not less than 30 years old.