Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
GIZ Ghana is a competent service provider,that develop tailor-made solutions to challenging problems for our clients.GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives.
Under the Component 1: Business & Invest’, SI Jobs promotes sustainable investments from German and European companies and investors.
Component 2: Ghanaian SME (Mittelstand) promotes the SME sector, by improving the business environment and enhancing competitiveness, promoting advisory and (innovative) financial services for SME and boosting cooperation between German and African companies.
Component 3: The ‘Cluster approach’ aims to increase the economic attractiveness of business locations and industries, intervenes to support industrial parks, improves export opportunities and addresses various obstacles to investment.
The Advisor will primarily be tasked with supporting SMEs Development under component II to achieve the programme’s objectives and indicators which includes identifying growth oriented SMES and supporting them to improve access to markets, funding and sustainability of their businesses. It also includes developing a strategic approach to provide technical assistance and advice to SMEs, linking them to bigger Ghanaian and European companies in their various sectors.
- Cooperate with Component Head and team to acquire, design, plan, implement and monitor new partnerships with the private sector with a focus on enhancing the productivity of SMEs
- Assist and monitor development and Implementation of SME project plans and activities including conceptualisation, organisation, and quality management of interventions in close consultation with stakeholders, consulting firms and project managers
- Deal with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with SI Jobs interventions in SME development as well as communication and documentation. Responsible for identifying new project opportunities and implementing capacity development measures for SMEs and suggest improvement strategies
- Provide inputs for development of innovative financial products/services and linking SMEs to the financial sector
- Draft terms of references, technical documents and other reports for the project implementation
- Facilitate demand-oriented exchange with and coordination amongst relevant stakeholders including relevant associations, umbrella organisations, and individual private sector actors, NBSSI; AGI; GCCI; GPIC, AHK as well as financial actors such as credit lending institutions, venture capitalists etc.
- Integrate gender mainstreaming and promoting gender equality into SME development interventions and activities.
- Support the consultants to develop and compile list of high growth SMEs and identify business sectors that are of interest to larger Ghanaian/German/ European businesses
Qualification Required & Experience
Your Profile Qualifications
- MA//MSc in Business Administration, Economics, Business Management, Development
- Planning, Entrepreneurship or any other relevant field
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in the private sector and a strong interest in the topics of SME Development, skills development, business management and start-up support
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Experience in building networks among different partners / organizations
- Motivated team player with an organized, independent, systematic, proactive, detail- and goal-oriented work approach.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex issues
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the Internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Fluent in written and oral knowledge in English language; and a working knowledge in German will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to upgrade competence as required by the tasks to be performed
go to method of application »