SNV Netherlands Development is a not-for-profit international development organization that has built a long-term local presence in 38 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin-America. SNV Ghana implements projects to improve individual lives and contributes to solving global challenges in the areas of Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. ...
Read more about this company
The Renewable Energy Development and Acceleration Project (REDAP) is aimed at facilitating the sustainable growth of small and medium scale energy enterprises with the view to catalyse the transition of energy users from traditional inefficient forms of energy to clean and efficient energy technologies in support of the broader goals of climate change mitigation. To this end, the REDAP aims to;
- Improve access to efficient and suitable finance for sustainable energy businesses and users through the development of tailored financial products supported by market scans and needs assessments.
- Build a pipeline of viable and sustainable energy enterprises through business and market development support
- Increase demand for sustainable energy services by initiating demand activation activities and brokering linkages.
The energy technologies to be covered under the project will include grid-connected and off-grid solar, clean cooking and biogas digesters.
The project is seeking applicants for a full-time position for a Business Development & Energy Advisor.
The Business Development & Energy Advisor on the REDAP, will oversee the development of a business development programme aimed at shaping participating businesses into bankable and sustainable energy enterprises through the adoption of operationally viable practices and systems. This role encompass scouting and selection of participating companies, coordinating and offering business advisory services including training on business plan development, coaching on cash flow analysis and management, and inclusive business design propositions. Others will include supporting market scans, financial products and supply chains development. The Position will as well act as the Project Manager the REDAP project, overseeing day-to-day administration of the project, including supervising the overall project activity delivery and financial management.
Main tasks will include;
- Collaborate with consortium partners and relevant existing SNV projects in putting together a business development programme for participating enterprises.
- Oversee implementation of the agreed business development programme.
- Lead the process of aiding participating enterprises with the preparation and submission by load applications to participating Financial Institution(s).
- Lead in the development of an appropriate criteria for the selection of participating enterprises in consultation with Rural Development Fund.
- Coordinate and offer business advisory services to selected enterprises.
- Lead the develop of strong relationships with start-ups and MSMEs, identify opportunities for growth and upscaling, and contribute to the preparation of their investment proposals and plans.
- Lead the development of strategic partnerships aimed at leveraging and scaling results of the project.
- Collaborate with the Rural Development Fund and relevant partners to ensure that the agreed project coordination mechanism is functioning effectively.
- Support the Energy and Market Linkages Advisor in the conduct and updating of market scans and analysis.
- Overseeing day-to-day administration of the project, including supervising the overall project activity delivery and financial management.
- Lead in monitoring and evaluation activities on the project.
Applicant must have relevant knowledge in Business Developing Services; have good understanding and work experience within the Renewable Energy Sector and Project Management. She/he must have strong knowledge and experience in the poultry sector in Ghana
- Master’s degree plus 5 years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree plus 7 years of experience in a relevant discipline, such as: Business Administration; Finance; Energy Economics; Project Management and/or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in offering business developing services plus project management experience.
- Working experience in market development and facilitation.
- Strong analytical and risk assessment skills, including financial modelling skills.
- Value chain and supply chain analysis and development skills.
- Experience working on capacity development, training and coaching projects.
- Ability to build productive internal and external working relationships; good networking skills.
- Pro-active and results-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines, exercise good judgment and to effectively communicate at various levels such as stakeholders.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A good blend of development and banking sector work experience will be an advantage.