Tullow Oil is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company. The Group has interests in over 80 exploration and production licences across 16 countries which are managed as three Business Delivery Teams: West Africa, East Africa and New Ventures.
Tullow Ghana Limited (TGL) is seeking to hire Category Lead – Indirect based in Accra to manage respective category with associated function, specifically in deriving and maintaining the category plans and setting deliverables for consolidation, efficiency and cost saving. The responsibilities of the role also include:
- Developing contracting strategies for contracts and purchases including establishment of Framework Agreements with regular suppliers, rolling up of multiple contracts with same supplier and exploring global purchasing opportunities
- Reviewing specifications and Scope of Work for completeness and enabling user functions to translate their requirements into a clearly articulated expression of commercial intent.
- Developing, compiling and conducting pre-qualification exercises, pre-tender meetings, invitation to tender documentation, tender openings and evaluation of tenders received, including detailed analysis of commercial and contractual qualifications, exceptions and deviations
- Negotiating contractor and supplier-based terms and conditions
- Providing ad-hoc support to User functions on post-award contractual interpretation and administration matters coupled with contract provisions including explanations on processes, penalties, and compliance terms to Users
- Develop and implement a Local Content strategy within the Contractor, Supplier or Vendor base having regard to recommendations given by the Local Content team.
- Completing Supplier Due Diligence in line with overall Supplier Due Diligence policies.
- Ensuring governance and compliance obligations are fully addressed and documented
You should ideally be an experienced supply chain leader with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Contracting and Procurement, including indirect and general services procurement around required categories. You will also be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas;
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in commerce, business, engineering or management related field; a master’s degree or membership of CIPS will be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience predominantly in contracts formulation and negotiation experience in operational procurement and ideally, but not exclusively, oil & gas with substantive exposure to all disciplines and issues within the supply chain team.
- Complete understanding of significant legal and commercial issues within supply chain
- Substantial experience in managing complex contracts post-award; negotiating multiple and complex claims; establishing and maintaining effective relationships with senior management of key suppliers.
- Experience in Category Management and Strategic Sourcing principles and execution, negotiations, and end-to-end Procurement cycle from the development of category plans; post-contract administration; supplier management and Requisition to Pay.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To achieve this, we offer our employees:
- A performance-driven culture that generates results.
- A commitment to your personal and professional development.
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people.
- A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities.
- Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.