Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte is seeking an experienced bilingual Communication Specialist to be based in Accra, to support the Program team in the successful implementation of all aspects of the Program’s work plan and achievement of the program objectives.
The successful candidate shall perform the following functions.
- Effectively inspire, lead, manage, and ensure the day-to-day personal performance of all staff under the Employee’s supervision in compliance with the Program Work Plan and the Program administrative and policy manual;
- Develop and maintain collegial, productive relationships with the Programs current Communications Specialist, other Program colleagues, USAID, Program counterparts, beneficiaries, and subcontractors, the West Africa public and private sector, while achieving the overall Program objectives;
- Effectively liaise with senior Program management, the Program Management Office (PMO), and other divisions of USAID on all aspects of the Program Work Plan implementation;
- Ensure that all scheduling, budgeting, technical, and documentary attributes of Work Plan, including but not limited to scopes of work, CV’s, approvals, deliverables, and other contractually required documentation, under the responsibility of the Employee are fully up to date in the Program electronic and hard-copy files no less frequently than monthly, and that all such documentation is compliant with USAID, USAID and Program policies and the Program Work Plan;
- Serve as a member of any ad hoc panel or committee established by the Chief of Party or his/her designee, to select candidates for employment, participants for overseas short-term training and study tours, and awardees of subcontracts and grants, ensuring in all cases compliance with USAID regulations, USAID and Program administrative and policy manual, and the Program Work Plan;
- Ensure close inter- and intra-component and inter-office collaboration with all Program components, sub-components, and offices; and promote close collaboration with the monitoring and evaluation, training, public awareness, and other cross-cutting actions of the Program;
- Conduct all business in a manner that respects local culture;
- Maintain high ethical standards at all times, avoiding any actual or perceived conflicts of interest;
- Abide by all local laws, USAID regulations, and US Embassy directives, whether written or verbal; and
- Perform any and all tasks as may be assigned by the Chief of Party or his/her designee as may be required to contribute to the achievement of Program goals and objectives.
The Employee shall perform, oversee, and support the performance of the following specific tasks:
- Assist in sponsoring company’s goals through participating in the overall development and execution of communication tactics.
- Support creation and execution of all Work Plan activities and Outcomes.
- Communicate with a team of long-term and short-term consultants and subcontractors.
- Co-Lead responsibility for creation and implementation of USAID WAEP Communications Strategy, with the Programs current Communications Specialist, which will include the following tasks:
- Develop a set of templates, guidelines and protocols for communication and coordination with counterpart organizations (governments, utilities, regulatory agencies, financial institutions and companies benefitting from WAEP activities) as well as between international donor organizations
- Review and edit all major deliverables in various publication forms for readability, spelling, grammar, accuracy, punctuation, consistency, and logic
- Interface with USAID/Ghana and USAID/West Africa and other USAID regional mission communications staff to ensure all communications and published materials meet USAID and USG standards
- Work with beneficiaries and donor organizations to expand audience of Program deliverables
- Create marketing and event materials for USAID WAEP events, trainings, and public appearances
- Support in the drafting and development of all content for internal and external communication including virtual space
- Develop and oversee the communications calendar to ensure timely execution of the program
- Assist in increasing WAEP social media presence by creating and sending content to USAID and Power Africa for publication on their social media sites
- Develop, update event calendar and support in the execution of the events across the region
- Develop and consolidate strong media ties to confirm widespread outreach to public and business partners across the region
- Promote the Power Africa / USAID brand as an exceptional care provider in media and print
- Develop content for the print, virtual and broadcast media
- Produce and manage material for social networking websites on behalf of WAEP
- Support all creative inputs on company’s communications and publications
- Assist with taking meeting minutes and transcribing meeting notes and handwritten notes from hard copy into electronic format
- Oversee the Quality Assurance and Communications Consultant to:
- Ensure quality client contractual and reporting deliverables by reviewing Program deliverables to ensure messaging and reporting are clearly conveyed and reflect client sensitivities
- Lead the review, editing, and branding of all major contractual and technical deliverables in various publication forms for readability, spelling, grammar, accuracy, punctuation, consistency, and logic
- Support implementation of the Communications Strategy
- Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in communication, journalism, media studies and any other related field; a Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in English and French is required
- Minimum of 5 years professional work experience in communications or a related field of work
- Knowledge of cultural and communication norms and expectations in most West African countries
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or similar graphic design software will be an added advantage
- Ability to quickly spot a “success story” to profile an individual or organization positively
- Report writing abilities, knowledge of USAID requirements will be an added advantage
- Exposure to and understanding of energy-related technical terminology preferred
- Experience working with sub-contractors / partners / grantees in communication related matters
- Proactive individual with a positive attitude willing to work in team settings.
What Impact Will You Make?
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.
- Please note that candidates that do not attach their resumes and academic credentials will not be considered.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.