Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
eRecruiter was born from the need to have a Pan-African recruitment consulting firm which places the client first. Our goal is to be the best recruiter in Africa, in the industries we operate.
About the job
Our client is a multinational NGO whose mission is to build stronger health systems through the design and implementation of data-driven solutions that respond to local needs and provide under-served communities with tools to lead healthier lives. They currently need suitable candidates for a two (2) month project as a site coordinator in Ghana.
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and supervising laboratory infrastructure upgrade work in accordance with international best practices and guidelines/specifications detailed in the work plan. The ideal candidate should have a strong laboratory medicine background and a deep understanding of civil engineering peculiarities of research and diagnostics laboratory. This role requires exceptional planning skills, collaboration ability, and strong attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the Site Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Project Manager to perform the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the supervision of infrastructure upgrade delivery in the assigned site.
- Ensure client expectations of individual works are achieved.
- Ensure all tasks are planned, supervised and executed in accordance with the specifications, drawings, dimensions, and within the agreed limits.
- Evaluate the quality of construction materials as specified in the site construction plan document.
- Assess the quantities of all materials procured as specified in the site's bill of quantities.
- Ascertain that the specifications are of bio-safety level II laboratory-grade and standard
- Ensure that sufficient resources are available for each stage/phase of the project.
- Utilize project management tools to provide daily updates on site
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Present a professional demeanour at all times. Approach others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of status or position. Accept responsibility for their own actions.
- Responds well to supervisor requests and feedback.
- Punctual at work
- Adheres to our client's Code of Conduct as well as ethics of the profession.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- A minimum of a National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science/Technology or Building and Construction or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 4 years of related laboratory remodelling, renovation, or building experience.
- Possesses necessary practice license.
- Project Management certification will be an advantage
- The ability to read and interpret architectural drawings is desired.
The Site Coordinator should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Adaptability: Demonstrates a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Behaves Ethically: Understands ethical behavior and business practices, and ensures that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Builds Relationships: Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicates Effectively: Speaks, listens and writes in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve the operations of the organization and create new opportunities.
- Focuses on Partner/Client Needs: Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of internal and external clients and partners to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Fosters Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Leads: Positively influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Makes Decisions: Assesses situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and makes clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organizes: Sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress towards goals, and tracks details, data, information and activities
- Plans: Determines strategies to move the organization forward, sets goals, creates and implements action plans, and evaluates the process and results.
- Solves Problems: Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and makes recommendations and/or resolves the problem.
- Thinks Strategically: Assesses options and actions based on trends and conditions
- in the environment, and the vision and values of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.