Oops! This job has expired. View current and similar jobs below
SNV Netherlands Development is a not-for-profit international development organization that has built a long-term local presence in 38 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin-America. SNV Ghana implements projects to improve individual lives and contributes to solving global challenges in the areas of Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. ...
Read more about this company
The Junior Partnership Facilitator is supporting the 2SCALE country team in the design and implementation of activities related to the PPPs. When relevant, she/ he also supports the 2SCALE technical specialists (e.g. in financial inclusion, women economic empowerment, youth inclusion, climate-smart agriculture), to conduct desk research, fine-tune and facilitate the integration of the thematic-related strategies in the PPPs. The Junior Partnership Facilitator will also support Partnership Facilitators in external communication and reporting. The Position will report to the Country Team Leader
- Support the 2SCALE country team in desk research, collecting and analyzing market and industry information related to anticipated and existing PPPs.
- Support the 2SCALE country team in designing, formalizing, implementing, monitoring and documenting PPPs with private business champions (companies or cooperatives) and other relevant private/ public partners:
- Develop business idea screening forms, partnership briefs and descriptions with clear theories of change, and well as related action plans and cost-shared budgets.
- Participate in field interventions that fall under 2SCALE’s responsibility, in line with set targets, and in close collaboration with 2SCALE technical specialists. These activities may include but not be limited to the following:
- Mobilization of actors around target agribusiness clusters and value chains.
- Profiling/ assessments of agribusiness cluster and value chain actors (and of their organizations).
- Business connections of grassroots actors.
- Coordination of activities of connected local actors within agribusiness clusters, based on competitive strategies.
- Capacity building (technical, organizational) and empowerment programs.
- Promotion of innovations within agribusiness clusters and value chains.
- Capacity and trust building activities to improve efficiency and reduce transaction costs within value chains.
- Linkage of value chain actors to financial and other support services.
Monitor and document the progress of the PPPs in line with:
- PPP key performance indicators and markers for change.
- PPP action plans and cost-shared budgets.
- Support the 2SCALE country team in the preparation of subgrants for business support services.
- Monitor these subgrants, particularly through frequent field visits to cluster actors.
- Support (on request) technical specialists to fine-tune and implement the thematic-related interventions.
- Collaborate with the Partnership Facilitators and communication Specialists to develop outreach materials (in English and French, as required) in a frequent manner, and ensure the visibility of the PPPs and their development (achievements, challenges, lessons learnt).
- When required, participate in the sector teams, composed of all Partnership Facilitators with PPPs in the same sector. Respond to and seek advice from the 2SCALE management to improve sector and industry knowledge, forward-looking strategizing within the sector, and priority-setting within existing and new PPPs.
- Write and submit timely activity reports, as well as other technical reports, notes and partnership profiles.
Applicant must have relevant knowledge in Private Sector; good understanding and work experience in value chain development and agribusiness operations. She/he must have strong knowledge of horti-culture and the vegetable sector.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in agribusiness and agriculture operations with Private Sector;
- Master’s degree in one of the following: Agribusiness; Agriculture Economics, and/or related field;
- Proven experience in organizing and facilitating capacity building programs (trainings, demonstrations, field visits, etc.), business meetings, and other events for value chain stakeholders.
- Result-orientation and ability to take initiatives under minimal supervision, and to reach targets.
- Excellent spoken English and ability to write quality documents in English.
go to method of application »
SNV seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene in Schools project in Ghana.
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall leadership, management, and general technical direction for the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among diverse components and actors, and focusing on achieving the desired results. The COP will be responsible for overall activities of sub-recipients and leading program-focused strategic planning and decision-making. The COP will work closely with USAID and will be a key liaison with implementing partners and other stakeholders. He or she will be based in one of our project offices in Accra or elsewhere in Ghana, and will be expected to travel within the country.
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, per international standards.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in designing and implementing donor-funded water delivery and sanitation projects.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in developing countries, preferably in Ghana or West Africa.
- Minimum (5) years of successful experience as Project Director or Chief of Party of donor-funded technical assistance teams for projects greater than $10 million in developing countries.
- Previous experience in a senior technical or management position on a USAID-funded project.
- Master’s degree or higher in Business, Development Management, Economics, Public Administration, or other related field.
- Demonstrated experience in progressively responsible supervisory positions, including direct supervision of professional and support staff; quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables; and contracts/grants management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to hold staff accountable for doing their jobs.
- Fluency in English required, knowledge of local languages highly desired.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
References will be required for this position. Interested candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. SNV USA will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position. The successful candidate will also be required to pass a background check.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their applications in English in the form of a one-page letter and current CV outlining experience, qualifications and three reference contacts by uploading these information Only those applicants whose work experience and education meet the mandatory requisites above will be considered for the position, and only short-listed applicants will be contacted