Internal Auditor at International Community School is an independent, co-educational institution that follows the British System of Education, which we believe provides the resources necessary for academic rigor, as well as the necessary skills of inquiry, creativity, and initiative to produce a well-rounded learner. Our school is a University of Cambridg...
Read more about this company
We are looking for an experienced Music Teacher to be responsible for teaching Music as part of the school’s curriculum. He/She will plan, organize, deliver both theory and practical lessons and use appropriate skills and techniques of differentiation consistent with the Music curriculum of the students’ grade level. The teacher will teach, assess students’ work and guide them towards achieving appropriate qualifications according to the Cambridge IGCSE syllabus or other syllabus agreed with the school.
The teacher will establish effective rapport with students, motivate them to develop skills, attitudes and the knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education in accordance with each student’s ability.
- Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction.
- To create an enjoyable learning environment to inspire young minds and help them grow in appreciation of music
- Maintain classroom organization and discipline.
- Provide and maintain a safe and supervised environment in the classroom and on the school grounds.
- Devise and utilize techniques which accurately measure student progress.
- Evaluate student’s academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
Ultimately, a top-notch Music Teacher should be skilled in playing musical instruments, planning concerts for student participation, and creating after school music clubs.
Music Teacher Responsibilities:
- Teaching general styles of music.
- Teaching classical piano, practical and theory.
- Incorporating musical instruments and movement in lessons.
- Planning and implementing a program of instruction and lesson plans.
- Preparing students for school concerts and planned music experiences.
- Preparing students for practical and exams.
- Inspiring and motivating students to extend themselves to after school music clubs.
- Building relationships and mentoring students.
Music Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music.
- Minimum of 3 years’ teaching experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Choral pedagogy.
go to method of application »
We are looking to recruit a full time emotional counselor for the Accra Campus. The Counselor will report directly to the Head of the Counselling Unit, but liaise with the Principal, and the Heads of School to ensure the emotional and behavioral well-being of students attending ICS. He/ She will also work in conjunction with the Senior Guidance Counselor to successfully guide students and parents through the university application process, as well as the financial aid, scholarship, and student visa processes.
Essential Duties-University Guidance
- Write Counselor recommendations for 40-50 students annually
- Teach students, teachers, and parents how to go about writing common app prompts, personal statements, and teacher recommendations by holding writing workshops, individual and group training sessions, and creating resources to aid the process
- Edit all personal statements, essays, teacher & counselor recommendations, as well as various other college application materials
- Hold consistent one-on-one appointments with Lower and Upper Six students to guide them through the college application process and keep track of their progress. Work alongside educational partnerships such as Education USA and Shore Light Education to increase university visits and student applications/attendance to International universities.
- Create and give presentations for parents and students to guide them through the college application process as well as its various branches – i.e. personal statement writing, UCAS, building an application profile, etc.
- Do continual research to expand scholarship and financial aid opportunities for International students focused on studying abroad.
Essential Duties – Emotional Guidance and Counselling
- Provide individual and group counseling services to meet the educational, developmental and preventive needs of students
- Observe, monitor and track student academic transition through and across school years to identify hidden issues that need attention for counseling
- Provide emotional and behavioral counseling for students that have been referred to the counseling by an ICS staff and/or faculty member, or parent.
- Do classroom observations as requested/needed to aid in the counseling process.
- Work alongside the Behavioral Management team to improve and maintain the behavior of students within the school.
- Provide individual and group counseling to students with identified concerns, needs and personal trauma.
- Provide a leading support role in crisis management situations.
Professional Practice and Development
- Adhere to the ethical standards of the counseling profession.
- Participate in staff development programs to upgrade professional knowledge and skills when needed.
Method of Application
Kindly submit your CV and a cover letter, a letter of recommendation from your current Head and contact of two references who will be contacted if shortlisted. Applications will be acknowledged within three working days of submission. Only applicants with a minimum of three years teaching experience in the Cambridge Curriculum would be shortlisted to participate in the exams writing, teaching demonstration and interview. All appointments are subject to identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.
Submit queries, if any and your completed application to [email protected] / [email protected]
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.