The Channel Lead for Centres is responsible for ensuring that the operational delivery channels of Centres have in place an up-to-date strategy, agreed with all key internal and external stakeholders for how the channel may be positioned in the market place, grow while retaining excellent clinical quality standards, and achieve ever increasing levels of commercial viability. While the post holder will not manage or be responsible for the implementation of their channel in the field, they will need to maintain the closest of professional relations with each Region and its teams, with the Donor Compliance and Delivery team within the Regional Operations Directorate and with other key internal and external audiences.
The post holder is one of the members of the management team for the Directorate of Regional Operations, and as such plays a critical role in all major operational and strategic decisions for the Directorate. Additionally, the post holder, is a member of MSIG’s leadership group, and as such is expected to contribute to organisation-wise strategy and to model key leadership behaviours and to demonstrate the organisation’s values. The Channel Lead, Centres will report to the Deputy Director of Regional Operations.
The post holder will be based in Accra and expected to travel to other regions in Ghana when needed.
- Spearhead the formulation and implementation of operational strategy that ensures continuous growth while retaining excellent clinical quality standards as well as achieve ever increasing funding to sustain impact across eight (8) centres in Ghana.
- Lead in the expansion of the MSI Ghana Centre network in the concept of increasing access to quality services.
- Keeps abreast of the trends within the donor environment in country and internationally and developed financial sustainability models as a risk management strategy.
- Strengthen the organization’s project management systems/processes and ensure consistent best practice in project life cycle management.
- Provide leadership and guidance and foster a strong sense of team and team cohesion amongst centre team.
- Support finance, HR and supply chain functions by ensuring all team members within the channel comply with policies and procedures, advising these functions on changes that would improve organisational efficiency.
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports; motivate, coach and build the capacity of team members to effectively manage, monitor, and report on projects with support from Regional Managers
- Maintain effective relationships internally with all departmental heads and externally with other SRH partners.
- As one of MSIG’s leaders, role model good leadership behaviours, play a part in supporting the development of the organisation and its leadership culture.
- Any other duties assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelors Degree in health, demography, public health or social sciences/development studies is required.
- Other professional qualifications, ideally in project management or sexual and reproductive health.
- Master’s degree in a related field will be an advantage.
Skill and Experience
- At least Five (5) years of directly relevant post-graduation work experience and at least 3 years of experience in a substantive project management and Channel management.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills for a portfolio of projects of a similar size and scale; experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully leading teams and managing others.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully launching new projects and activities and work through others. to fully realise implementation plans.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; able to write/edit high quality reports.
- Articulate and analytical with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to spot bottlenecks, resolve issues, and trouble shoot.
- Strong partnership skills and experience in working with both public and private health facilities.
- Motivates team members to deliver high quality service and result.
- Team player, self motivator and able to motivate others to achieve results.
- Experience working with NGOs and GHS as implementation partners.
- Sympathetic to young women and men seeking contraception and other reproductive health services.
- Pro-family planning and pro-choice.
go to method of application »