Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) has been working in Ghana since 1958 in Health, Agriculture, Peace Building, Water and Sanitation, Microfinance and Education programs.Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas.
Read more about this company
- As a member of the Rural Emergency Health Service and Transport for System Development (REST4D) Project, you will help provide technical leadership to the field implementation team and partners to ensure accomplishment of the REST4D Project objectives and results, while meeting expected technical quality standards. You will work with the project partners (Ghana Health Service) in the implementation of project strategies and activities. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and achieve impact.
Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and best practices.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between partners and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices
- Coordinate with Government and other Partners at the District and Sub-District levels
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, Public Health, Nutrition or in any related field with extensive experience in community mobilization and sensitization strategies
- At least four years of experience in community mobilization or similar capacity
- Verifiable experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred including familiarity with qualitative approaches to M&E.
- Verifiable experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and building capacity of teams.
- Computer literate and skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency in English; other local languages a strong advantage
- Demonstrated professional maturity, relationship management and good interpersonal skills for teamwork.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
- Excellent facilitation, reporting and presentation skills.
- High proficiency in oral and written English language
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Not Applicable
Travel Required: 40% of time
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: Project Officers
Internal: CRS Health Technical lead, REST4D Project Manager, MEAL Specialist and other line specialists.
External:Ghana Health Service, District Assemblies, Local Leaders/Chiefs, District Director of Health Services
go to method of application »
- As a member of the Integrated Community Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Improvement (ICOWASH) project team, you will be accountable to provide support for the implementation of sanitation marketing in the project intervention districts and report on the progress and quality of latrine construction in target communities and households as well as the operationalization of sanitation entrepreneurs and sales agents in latrine products design, promotion and sales in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work in serving the poor and vulnerable. You will organize trainings and meetings with district level actors (e.g., Business Advisory Center, etc.), and attend same to review ongoing activities and develop actions for future programming. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits those we serve.
Roles And Key Responsibilities
- Play lead role in the effective roll-out of sanitation marketing activities in project districts in line with the Rural Sanitation Model Strategy (RSMS).
- Support in the technical design of household latrine products and review of bill of quantities/material schedule to ensure the estimated costs are reasonable and cost effective to enhance the work of sanitation entrepreneurs.
- Work with sanitation entrepreneurs and sales force to ensure that the poor and most vulnerable are reached with sanitation marketing services through various innovative means.
- Support in developing communication materials (promotional messages, leaflets, brochures, etc.) to increase the desire for household latrines in beneficiary communities.
- Regularly monitor the progress and quality of construction at the business location of all sanitation entrepreneurs, ensuring compliance with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and best practices. Map business locations of sanitation entrepreneurs and their clients using Information Communication Technology for Development (ICT4D).
- Build relationships and coordinate with local government authorities and beneficiaries to accept sanitation marketing products and to advocate for utilization by beneficiary communities.
- Support CRS to maintain accepted WASH and infrastructural standards for the sector and ensure that project staff, partner agencies and recipient communities understand and adhere to these standards including sustainability measures.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustment to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Support accountability through supporting project evaluation activities and assisting project efforts to collect and analyze data per specified mechanisms and tools. Actively seek and respond to feedback from partners and project beneficiaries.
Required Languages - Mampruli, Dagbani, Gurnne and Talen
Travel - the position is based in Mamprugu Moagduri or Talensi District with extensive travel to project communities (80% Travel to project communities).
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Observation, active listening, and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgement.
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members.
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- Great time management and ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Building and Construction, Construction Management, Water Resources or Business and related disciplines, Accounting and other relevant qualifications.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in project support. Experience in the field of Sanitation Marketing, WASH infrastructure design and inspection and for an NGO would be a plus.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Possession of a valid license to ride a motorcycle.
- Knowledge of local language would be a plus.
Key Working Relationships
Supervisory Responsibilities (none)
Internal: Regional /HQ technical advisors, Head of Programs, WASH and other line managers, Project Manager, Senior Project Officer for WASH, Community Mobilization, SILC, M&E, and other Project officers.
External: Government partners and service providers (Contractors)
go to method of application »
- As a Senior Project Officer in the Integrated Community Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Improvement (ICOWASH 2.0) project team, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through leading and managing WASH implementation in project communities, schools, and HealthCare Facilities in Mamprugu/Moagduri District. You are also expected to provide technical guidance and advice to staff, implementing partner(s), and community stakeholders. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the activities which you are responsible for apply best practices and constantly work toward improving the impact of project benefits.
Roles And Key Responsibilities
- Provide technical capacity to project staff and partners for sanitation demand creation using Community-Led Total Sanitation (CLTS).
- Collaborate with SPO-WinS/WASHCARE to support rollout of WASH in schools and HealthCare interventions in the district.
- Collaborate with SPOs-SILC and Livelihoods to support implementation of Savings and Internal Lending Communities and Livelihoods interventions in the district.
- Regularly monitor and provide technical support for quality timely implementation of CLTS, Sanitation Marketing, SILC, WinS and WASHCARE activities.
- Organize intermittent technical review meetings to discuss progress of implementation, challenges, unintended outcomes with partners (MMDA, GHS and GES) and project staff.
- Analyze activity reports and project data with project staff and partners and make recommendation for continuity or variation in project strategies.
- Submit monthly updates for compilation of flash reports and well as contribute to development of annual reports.
- Support Project Officers to develop SMART performance goals, reflective of ICOWASH project goal and CRS values and working principles.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of project officers and make recommendations for promotions, adjustment in renumeration, capacity support etc.
- Support business development efforts by contributing to WASH project design activities
- Assist with the comprehensive assessment of Project Officers.
Required Languages - English, Mampruli, Dagbani, Gruni and Talen.
Travel - include percentage of required travel, if applicable. Could be stated as Must be willing and able to travel up to 50 %.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Analysis, problem-solving skills, and interest in numeracy with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy, and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields (Development studies, social sciences, Business Administration). Advanced Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of work experience in project support, ideally in WASH implementation (CLTS and Sanitation Marketing) and INGO operations.
- Experience working with SILC/VSLAs (Demonstrable understanding of the mechanics of Savings and Loans groups).
- Work experience in and ability to relate with rural populations especially women.
- Ability to effectively communicate with beneficiaries, partners, and project staff.
- Ability to develop project communication materials (presentations, reports, success stories, and BCC materials relevant to SILC).
- Ability to supervise and provide technical guidance to other staff.
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Number Of Employees Supervised
Supervisory Responsibilities (Required)
- 4 employees (2 CLTS/SILC Project officers, 1 Sanitation Marketing Project Officer and 1 WinS/WASHCARE Project officer)
Key Working Relationships
Internal: ICOWASH Project Manager, WASH Program Manager, Head of Programming , Senior Project Officers, Senior Project Officer-MEAL
External: Sanitation Advocacy Groups, WSMTs, Latrine artisans, GHS and GES staff, Leadership of MMDA and other DPs operating in Mamprugu/Moagduri District.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.