Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances childrens rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners.
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- Area of Responsibility – Country Office
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
- “What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
Office Facility Management
- Ensure effective and efficient facility management of the Country Office
- Monitor Janitors to ensure cleanliness of the office, both indoors and outdoors
- Ensure adequate supply of water and electricity for office use
- Ensure stand by generator is in good working condition at all times
- Ensure minor repairs of office premises including but not limited to plumbing, electrical and carpentry related works and maintenance of air-conditions etc.
Alert Logistics and Procurement Manager on any major repairs required for decision making.
Facilitation of Visitors travel documents
- Obtain accreditation letters for video grapplers who come into country for official work
- Assist to acquire visa for Plan International staff visiting Ghana
- Work with custom brokers to ensure all imported goods and equipment are cleared on time for successful project delivery.
- Obtain all shipping documents related to goods and equipment to be imported are processed for successful clearance in line with government rules and regulations and the duty-free privileges.
- Facilitate the acquisition and renewal of resident and work permit for expatriate staff to enable them settle properly and perform their duties effectively.
- Receive goods into SAP
- Assist in organizing workshops and other events.
- Track fuel consumption of both vehicles and generator and produce monthly reports.
- Ensure repair, maintenance and servicing of all vehicles to ensure they are in good working condition and are road worthy.
- Process the monthly fuel bills.
- Ensure all vehicles are insured promptly.
- Ensure all staff are covered with group personal insurance at all times/
- Prepare Drivers’ schedule (rotational movement plan) to ensure Drivers assignment is fairly allocated and share rotational plan with all drivers and the Logistics and Procurement Manager for review and monitoring.
- Ensure stock consumption is monitored, planned and replenished to avoid both shortage and surplus. (This should be done on a project by project basis, and proactively, so that Project Managers can make informed and timely decisions about the need for either replenishment or stock reallocation and not risk project delivery due to delays or wastage)
- Stocks should be rotated on a first in, first out (FIFO) basis to ensure older stocks are used first and that wastage is kept to a minimum. (This is particularly important for items such as food and medical items and any other items which have shorter shelf life and expiration dates to consider)
- Ensure a stock control system is put in place which includes the use of the following minimum documentation.
- Goods Service Receipt Notes must be completed and signed whenever goods are received. This can be done using the GSRN Template and then completing the MIGO step in SAP.
- Provide support to the procurement of goods and services according to Plan International procedures and practices.
- Perform all other duties assigned by your supervisor.
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
This includes how much freedom the position has to make decisions; for example, “may approve invoices up to $1,000.”
- Demonstrate understanding of administrative requirements as per the OB and other policies and procedures and provides support to the administration staff in the delivery of administrative functions
- Receive, sort, classify, issue, stock goods and materials
- Conduct stocktaking and inventory of stores
Works with minimum supervision
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- Maintains a high contact with contractors, service providers and suppliers for the provision of goods, materials, equipments, utilities, repairs and maintenance of office equipments to ensure that Plan receives value for money and operates seamlessly.
- Keeps and maintain a high contact with all country office staff to receive and process requests for various administrative services
Maintains medium contact with staff from the program unit offices to offer administrative related support services towards implementation of programs
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- Gained through education, training, & experience
Knowledge and Experience
- First degree in Business Administration or Logistics.
- 3 to 5 years working experience in Administration in a reputable organization especially in the NGO environment.
- Strong general knowledge in the procurement supply chain process is a plus.
- Ability to drive in and around Accra
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post-holder to successfully perform the role:
- Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
- Good planning and organizational abilities
- Good supervisory and listening abilities
- Open to feedback and willingness to adopt to new approaches and processes
- Ability to inter-face with all levels of management
- Good team player
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- High awareness of safety requirements of area of operation