World Vision is a global relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children,families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.World Vision serves all people regardless of religion,race,ethnicity,or gender.
The Administrative Coordinator provides diversified operational and administrative support to the Corporate Services Manager at Shared Services Ghana Office as well as to the Corporate Services (CS) team. The coordinator will manage office events, provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities, facility management, customer service and interface with all levels of the organization, especially senior management.
- Event planning coordination and execution (e.g. DoP, Shared Services Ghana Office, Christmas Luncheon, etc.). Provide support to the chapel committee as needed. Supporting the organization’s different business units with hospitality, new hire orientation, and guidance support for onsite meetings hosted at Shared Services Ghana facility. Sourcing event locations, team building options to support and create a global team event portfolio.
- Assist Corporate Services manager with operational and administrative requests. Acts as Corporate Services Manager when necessary.
- Responds to and solves ad hoc and email/ticket requests.
- Coordinates letters of invitation for international travels for the WVI-SS Ghana staff.
- Identify continuous improvement areas in the Corporate services sphere of administration and review support processes rolled out to improve them.
- Create Occupational Safety plan (required by local government) for security and emergency preparedness documents for fire safety, drill evacuation / emergency action plans, first aid/CPR/AED training, BSP creation and sustainability and other training documentation.
- Leverage Corporate Service financial processes standardization (Provision) to achieve cost transparency and supplier savings within the Corporate Services Portfolio.
Manage inventory of furniture and IT assets. Forecasting Improvements, maintenance, care and upkeep of facilities and equipment.
Supervise work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors.
Creation of site access and parking tags / induction to new hires as needed. Responsible for gathering and sharing occupancy data with the Corporate Services Manager Shared Service Ghana.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant equivalent related work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, Visio.
- Experience in coordination of executive meetings.
- Experience with cross cultural team and virtual team networking.
- Excellent organizational, planning and communication and interpersonal skills.
- 3 years administrative experience.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Strong team player.
- Possess a growing and mature Christian faith and commitment to World Vision, its ethos, Mission Statement, and Core Values.
- Must have a positive disposition and energetic/passionate approach to work and providing support.
- Must be fluent in English, with strong language capabilities and understanding.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ghana Occupational Safety Law.
- Ability to provide responsive customer focused support.
- Diplomacy, cross-cultural sensitivity and experience.