As the Director of Implementation, you will be responsible for overseeing the quality implementation of all of our client's projects around the world - currently 400 per year. This will include leading a team of 30 people working in 4 groups based in Dakar, Accra, Antananarivo and Mumbai.
Over the last seven years, our client has built a strong reputation of quality implementation, rapid response, and high impact - and we are looking for a seasoned manager to help us take this brand to the next level. You will also be expected to manage a fast-growing team in a dynamic environment, which has doubled in the last 12 months. As such, we are looking for a leader who can build an influential culture, manage internal communications, and work effectively with other departments.
This is a senior role, so you will be expected to also contribute to our strategy development and our quest to reach over 1 Billion people with actionable information in the next ten years.
- Take full responsibility for our Project Management and Customer Service teams: maximize impact, delight clients and operate efficiently. In other words, 'the implementation buck stops at the Director of Implementation'.
- Manage a seasoned team of 5 direct reports (Regional Manager Francophone Africa based in Dakar, Regional Manager Anglophone Africa based in Accra, Regional Manager Asia based in Mumbai, Director of Client Support based in Antananarivo, and Senior Operations Manager based in Ghana), and more than 25 indirect reports.
- Create and implement a vision, strategy and plan for how the Project Implementation department will continue to service our clients' evolving needs.
- Oversee several critical departmental processes: capacity management, new product launches, recruitment and onboarding, skills development, leadership development.
Key Performance Indicators
- Maximize impact: Number of people reached, and the number of successful engagements.
- Delight clients: Net Promoter Score of our clients, and the number of implementation delays and quality issues.
- Operate efficiently: Innovations and insights that lead to more of the above, and cost savings.
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Manages a team of 30 (5 direct reports)
- Flexible, with a preference for someone based in Dakar, Accra, Antananarivo or Mumbai
- A passion for our mission, vision and values.
- At least ten years of international project management experience in any combination of social enterprise, government contractor, iNGO, mobile network operator, ICT4D.
- At least five years of management experience, including remote management, and across multiple cultures.
- At least five years of experience working directly with enterprise clients and donors.
- A strategic and creative thinker with a track record of finding scalable solutions to operational problems.
- An appreciation for standard operating procedures, data science and quality details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly and remotely with a range of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.