Sabre Education is a multi-award winning charity that has forged a reputation as one of the leading early years education organisations in Ghana, a country often cited as a leader for good quality early education practice in Africa.
Location: Could be posted to any of the following areas in the Eastern Region: Akwapim North/Okere District (Akropong/Adukrom); Akwapim South Municipal (Aburi), New Juaben South Municipal/New Juaben North Municipal (Koforidua/Effiduase), Nsawam-Adoagyiri (Nsawam); (Kindly indicate your preferred district in your application)
- Reporting to: Training Manager
- Duration: An initial two-year fixed term contract
Sabre Education is a development organisation working in close collaboration with the local education authorities in the Central, Western and Eastern Regions of Ghana, to support the implementation of the Ghana Education Service’s (GES) plans to scale up quality kindergarten education nationwide.
The Jobholder will provide support to the District/Municipal/Metropolitan Implementation Team (DIT/MIT) and the District/Municipal/Metropolitan Teacher Support Team (DTST/MTST) and, together with these teams, report to the District/Municipal/Metropolitan Director of Education in the implementation of the district-wide training of Kindergarten (KG) teachers and Head teachers and GES district staff in the active play-based approach to learning in KG and positive behaviour management.
He/she will be responsible for coordinating engagement with key stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate the consultations with district/municipal/metropolitan education directorate (DED/MED), district/municipal/metropolitan assemblies, through the district/municipal/metropolitan education oversight committees (DEOC/MEOC), community leaders and parents.
- Support the DIT/MIT to handle the following tasks
- organise the logistics for training and other related events,
- co-ordinate and co-facilitate the training of trainers (To) for the DTST in active play-based learning and positive behaviour management
- co-ordinate and support the DTST in training KG teachers, head teachers, circuit supervisors and other GES staff in active play-based learning and positive behaviour management
- organise circuit-based meetings and best practice for a
- organise the termly district level programme management meetings.
- Work with colleagues in co-facilitating the training of trainers for the DTST in the active play-based learning and positive behaviour management.
- Supervise on-going training and support to the DIT/MIT, DTST, KG teachers, head teachers, circuit supervisors, and other key district actors like the DEOC, community leaders and parents.
- Co-ordinate the monitoring of the project by the DIT/MIT, District Director of Education, Deputy Director for Supervision, and Circuit Supervisors.
- Co-ordinate the organisation of regular review meetings with the DIT/MIT, the district education directorate and DEOC/MEOC.
- Ensure regular reports and proper documentation of project activities in the district/municipal/metropolitan (documenting lessons learnt, best practices and beneficiary feedback) and share monthly and termly updates with the Training Manager and partners.
- Work with Training Manager and team to review performance against the project budget, ensuring value for money
- Co-ordinate monitoring visits by Sabre management, GES/MOE regional and national management, and funders.
- Support the development and review of training resources.
- Assist with any other activities that further the goals of Sabre’s KG Programme.
- Ability to facilitate adult learning through the use of interactive and engaging strategies
- Ability to build and sustain professional working relationships with different groups of people including teachers, head teachers and Ghana Education Service officers, community leaders and parents
- Ability to coordinate the activities of key stakeholders at the district and community levels to achieve project outcomes
- Ability to reflect on project related activities, document and report such
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer literacy e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Determined and highly motivated to make a change
- Readiness to unlearn and learn
- Receptive and able to support teachers and other stakeholders make a shift from long held beliefs and practices
- A team player
Key Performance Indicators
- Efficient use of company resources (budget & time)
- Adherence to quality service delivery
- Achievement of set targets for the period
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Project Management or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
- Prior teaching or facilitation experience will be of added advantage