Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances childrens rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners.
Dimensions of Role:
Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- The post holder will not have any direct report, but s/he will have occasional intern to manage.
- The post holder will not manage a specific budget assigned to him/her, but will indirectly manage the budget in relation to the tasks assigned to her/him.
- The post holder will project the professional image of Plan to the external partners.
- The post holder will likely be called upon for different committees at CO level.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- To organize the Country Office Management Team meetings (Preparation of the schedule, agenda, minutes, and the follow up of action points from meetings)
- To manage a proper filing system for incoming and outgoing mails and other documents for the Country Director’s Office.
- To manage the work appointments of the core management members – especially CD which reflect the priority of the organization.
- To manage the overall monthly schedule of Plan International Ghana that will inform the maximization of the logistics.
- To support the management of international visits and national-level events held at CO level.
- To serve as the first physical contact for visitors to the CD’s Office.
- To support the management team with the management of protocol in a professional manner and ensure open communication with different key stakeholders.
- To support the mechanism of administration (procurement, inventory and contract management) in relation to the executive secretariat service.
Dealing with Problems:
Complexity of problems handled & the degree of investigation, analysis, & creative thinking required to solve them
- The post holder will not manage specific budget and will not approve any budget. S/he will, however, make decisions on his/her own on the following issues;
- Managing travel and other schedule of the CMT members and deal with the competing priorities.
- Handling of confidential information
- Answering telephone calls and handling difficult calls.
- Attending the requests from visitors
Communications and Working Relationships:
Working contacts inside and outside the organization; include the purpose and level (high, medium, low) of the contact
- High contact with visitors at CO level and partners
- Medium contact with external staff (IH, WACA) working with plan International Ghana staff
- Medium contact with partners to help the management preparing correspondence, report and presentation
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
- First Degree in Management Studies, Administration or any related field and at least 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- Computers skills (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Fair level of spoken and written English skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills