Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based in Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance youth learning in Africa. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercar...
Read more about this company
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the workforce, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are an experienced Executive Assistant ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Head of Impact, the Executive Assistant will provide executive support to the Head of the Impact function of the Foundation who is currently based in Ghana. You will also provide support to the Impact team, Country office staff and work with other Foundation staff, as needed. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, is detail oriented, can plan ahead and is able to meet strict deadlines. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Proactively manage calendar meeting requests, including extensive and frequent global travel arrangements consisting of international flights, hotel, car service, travel visas and immunizations.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure schedules are followed and respected, and act as a ‘gatekeeper’ to create situations for direct access. This will include the creation of detailed agendas when necessary.
- Schedule meetings and coordinate related logistics, such as room bookings, refreshments, and document preparation for all attendees.
- Monitor email, print attachments and manage materials as appropriate. Proven attention to detail is required when dealing with a high volume of email correspondence and requests.
- Compose routine correspondence with the ability to be proactive in identifying the need for writing.
- Maintain an accurate paper and electronic filing system.
- Prepare and submit expense reports accurately and efficiently.
- Build and maintain relationships with employees, especially other administration support and external contacts.
- Provide backup to other executive administrators as required.
- Handle the distribution of mail and couriers.
- Other duties as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- College diploma or Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an Executive and/or Administrative Assistant in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), Zoom and related audio-visual communications applications.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of service and response.
- Results oriented with a willingness to take on a variety of tasks.
- Must be a team player, who can also work independently with little to no supervision and possess ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Motivated by a sense of personal excellence and able to set and achieve clear objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to foster productive interaction in a colloquial manner with the ability to work with all levels of the Foundation.
- Proficiency in English is required. Ability to speak local language(s) is highly preferred. French is an asset.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- You possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision