The Head of Operations will be responsible for the deployment and maintenance of Elephant’s software service (Elephant OS) to hospitals and health centres across Ghana. Starting as a hands on operator to deliver five pilot sites, and building a team as we scale.
This will include, amongst other things, striking partnership arrangements with telco and hardware providers, developing robust supply chains from procurement through to distribution, establishing robust technical support infrastructure for hundreds of customers, and continuously streamlining operational processes as Elephant expands.
They will be exceptionally smart and driven, be comfortable juggling many different challenges simultaneously, and be prepared to move between big picture strategy and the finest of details.
- Successfully deploying Elephant OS to five pilot sites in the first instance. This includes training site coordinators, understanding customers’ evolving needs, problem solving on the ground, and ensuring robust customer support;
- Build and lead an operations team to scale Elephant OS to thousands of sites across the country. This team will include supply chain, technical support, partnerships, IT and field staff;
- Ensure customer satisfaction by understanding customer needs and developing innovative solutions – this will require regular site visits, close collaboration with customers, and working closely with Elephant’s product team based in London;
- Lead on providing technical support to customers (covering software bugs, internet interruptions, system downtime, etc.) – ensuring any issues are resolved rapidly and effectively;
- Establish partnerships with telcos, hardware providers, and fintech companies that improve operational efficiency;
- P&L responsibility for operations, including operations team and operational costs in each facility – develop and implement cost-saving measures; and
- Develop metrics and implement systems for monitoring operational performance.
Our ideal team member will have the following minimum experience
- A relevant degree from a top and internationally recognised university;
- 7+ years experience as an operations leader (Operations Director / COO) with a fast-moving healthcare and/or technology company or a top management consulting firm;
- The ability to recruit and grow an exceptional team – proven team leadership and management skills;
- Attention to detail with a natural ability to juggle many moving parts;
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with sound judgment, good business acumen, first-rate problem-solving skills, and a bias for action;
- Excellent analytical thinking and data analysis skills; comfortable using a range of IT software;
- Good financial understanding, analytical thinking, and working with data;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management;
Our ideal candidate may also posses the following desired skills and experience
- Interest in market dynamics along with a keen business sense;
- Sound working knowledge of IT operations, systems, and developments; and
- Proof of continued education (CAPM, CGEIT, CISSP, CSM, etc.), project management, and six-sigma/Kaizen experience are all useful.