Subscribe to Job Alert
Join our happy subscribers
FAO works closely with the Government and people of Ghana, broadly tackling food and nutrition security issues ranging from food insecurity prevention, to strengthening food systems, to food safety training.FAO assistance in Ghana has three priority areas: Food and nutrition security; Environment and sustainable natural resource management; Rural developm...
Read more about this company
The Regional Office for RAF is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with offices and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The Programme Specialist reports to the Programme and Budget Officer. He/she acts independently in routine matters,showing a high degree of initiative and independent judgment in performing a broad range of programme, planning and budgeting activities requiring in-depth analysis and interpretation of relevant policies, procedures and best practices and works in close collaboration with managers and staff in the regional and decentralized offices.
Tasks And Responsibilities
Coordinate the preparation, submission, revision and follow-up of the Programme of Work and Budget, and the monitoring and provision of information on the implementation of the PWB:
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING:
FAO Core Competencies
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a technical / competency-based
We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
• Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile
• Once your profile is completed, please apply, and submit your application
• Candidates may be requested to provide performance assessments and authorization to conduct verification checks of past and present work, character, education, military and police records to ascertain any and all information which may be pertinent to the employment qualifications
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Personal information provided on your application may be shared within FAO and with other companies acting on FAO’s behalf to provide employment support services such as pre-screening of applications, assessment tests, background checks and other related services. You will be asked to provide your consent before submitting your application. You may withdraw consent at any time, by withdrawing your application, in such case FAO will no longer be able to consider your application
• Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered
• Your application will be screened based on the information provided in your online profile
• We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.
Join our happy subscribers