Reporting to the Managing Director, the Regional Operations Manager coordinates the provision of contractual and ad hoc security services to customers, in compliance with legislation, G4S policies and procedures, to ensure achievement of budgeted financial targets and customer satisfaction. The role is also responsible for monitoring the quality standards of all security services, ensuring adherence to standards, and health and safety of the security officers, the location, and customers. The scope of work covers all operations within Western, Central, Ashanti, and the Northern regions – with approx. 2000 uniformed security officers.
Effective management of the Operational effectiveness and Efficiency
- Maintain Strict control over operational vehicles
- Drive health and Safety compliance with your team to reduce LTI & HIPO, and demonstrate compliance
- Manage relationship between functional departments to ensure effectiveness of operations
- Operational Cost management and efficiencies
- Ensuring Labour Efficiency according to standards
- Achieve Contract profitability on all contracts within area of responsibility
- Prevent claims through regular customer risk assessments & operational effectiveness
Effective management of the division’s people performance
- Proper allocation/scheduling of security officers to locations to satisfy contractual requirements
- Analyze and address employee turnover
- Ensuring appropriate level employee training and development on an ongoing basis
- Maintain excellent employee motivation, performance management and engagement
- Ensuring employees adhere to standards and address accordingly in line with G4S policies and procedures
- Address all disciplinary issues in conjunction with human resources
- Proper management and leadership of the supervisory team
Customer retention and maintaining customer service levels
- Ensuring overall quality service delivery in line with the ‘G4S Way’
- Ensuring customer complaints are dealt with speedily.
- Ensuring that customers receive written recommendations on the status of their security, recommendations such as upgrading their security set up and any areas of security concern for risk mitigation.
- Ensure 24/7 patrols and supervisory checks take place at guard locations.
- Ensuring that all required formal customer meeting are scheduled, attended and documented
- Ensuring appropriate customer measures and KPIs are maintained at business and regional level
Business Development & Revenue Protection
- Identifying new business opportunities in the regions of operations, as well as in terms of growth of business with existing customers, driven by the promotion of integrated security solutions.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the competitor environment
- Involvement in community and business forums and general public profile
The Ideal Candidate:
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
- A degree or diploma in Security Management will be an advantage
- Driver’s License
- Minimum Five years’ experience in operations management
- Minimum Five years’ relevant work experience within the Security Industry
- Experience within Mining and Oil/Gas environment is a plus
- Experience in Managing Manned Security Services operations is required
- Exposure to electronic security services and integrated security solutions is a distinct advantage
- Leading people
- Delivering performance
- Managing professionally.
- Collaborating and Co-operating
- Driving Change
- Good communication skills