Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose to make an impact that matters.
Specialised Competencies within Risk Advisory
- Controls, Transformation & Assurance
Deloitte’s Controls Transformation and Assurance (CTA) provides insights to help organizations better understand their business and the technology risks that may disrupt it. Leveraging on our global network and in-depth industry knowledge, we assist organizations mitigate risks associated with internal systems, processes, projects, applications, data and third-party reliance.
Cyber Risk services help organizations confidently pursue their strategic growth, innovation and performance objectives through proactive management of associated cyber risks.
- Governance, Regulatory & Risk
Governance, Regulatory and Risk (GRR) help organizations to improve performance through effective management of regulatory, financial, operational, and compliance risks.
Uses data to drive business strategy and performance. This includes looking backward to evaluate what happened in the past to forward looking scenario planning and predictive modelling
Deloitte’s Forensic helps organizations effectively manage the risk that come from corruption, fraud, and other threats
Our Financial Risk unit helps financial Market and Credit Risk, Capital Management, Liquidity and Treasury Risk, and Accounting and Financial Reporting Risk
Internal Audit, Assurance, Conduct Risk, Extended Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk and Transformation, and Technology and Data Risk
Successful candidates will be responsible for supporting the engagement team in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagement.
Key Performance Areas
- Under guidance, support the Engagement team in delivering to client in the area of competency
- Use information through research, documentation, standard processes, provide output for assimilation into the engagement deliverables
- Identify opportunities for follow-on work and advise management
- Build business relationships with clients/ staff
- Gather information through networking and research to understand broader offerings of Deloitte and awareness of opportunities for cross-selling
- Raise ideas to address issues in the area of expertise that may enhance / renew service offerings to clients
Client Impact: External / Internal
- Contribute to management decisions through pertinent analysis of client, company and industry
- Communicate regularly with Engagement Partner and team members on status of engagements and deliverables
- Develop productive working relationships with clients and staff including developing account plans for maintaining a relationship with the client.
- Respond with urgency and accountability to client and team requests
- Understand the context and impact of own role within an engagement and deliver accordingly
- Inform engagement partner of emerging engagement change issues
- Remain aware of risk in area of engagement in alignment with Deloitte policies
- Consistently review and analyse accuracy and quality of engagement and deliverables
- Maintain clear communication channels with engagement team members on work status
Budgets / Profitability
- Drive the sub service line revenue and budget in line with set targets
- Maintain quality of output and timeous delivery as per SLA
Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Ability to effectively perform the technical components of risk assessments to provide an accurate view of the client’s current risk state
Business Process Assessment and Design
- Ability to perform end-to-end business process analyses and design
Internal Controls and Design
- Ability to assess and design internal controls by applying an understanding of internal control design frameworks and regulatory requirements
Data Analytics and Technology
- Ability to gather, synthesise, and analyse data using appropriate tools and technologies
Knows the Business and the Industry
- Ability to understand the client’s business, interpret sector trends, and learn leading practices
- Ability to effectively interact with colleagues and clients of varying backgrounds to effectively serve clients
Prepares for and Executes Risk, Compliance and Internal Audit
- Ability to deliver risk management, compliance reviews and internal audits by leveraging approved processes and methodologies
Leverages Frameworks and Methodologies to Uncover Insights
- Ability to set the stage for a successful assessment of client’s risk management, compliance and internal audit processes and controls by collecting and organizing data
Educational Requirements/Professional Qualifications
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc., BBA, B.Com ) in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Economics or equivalent with a minimum of second class upper degree
- A Master’s degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Risk Management or related field from a reputable university will be an added advantage
- Candidate must possess certifications in at least one of the following: GARP/ IIA / Enterprise Risk Management / CIA, CRMA, CFE, ACCA, ACAM or ERP; International Compliance Association Certification.
- A minimum of 8 years working experience in Enterprise Risk Management/Compliance/Anti-fraud/Internal Audit/ Financial Audit /Internal Controls or Quality Assurance Review (QAR) in a big four or multi-national consulting environment. At least 3 years of this experience should be in middle management.
- Ability to combine a strong understanding of Risk management, Compliance Risk Management, Fraud Risk and Internal Audit methodologies and other standards and leading practices with industry experience (Preferably financial services and/or Telecom sector), and knowledge of sectorial issues/risks and ability to lead and deliver internal audit engagements, enterprise risk management assignments, operational risk, Compliance risk and Risk assurance projects.
- Experience in Business Process Risk and Controls
- Must have in-depth experience in leading teams for pursuits or engagement delivery in any of the big four consulting companies
- Be of proven integrity, giving attention to confidentiality requirements
- Possess excellent writing and oral communication/presentation skills
- Very strong leadership and coaching skills
- Market leadership skills
- Business development skills
- Ability to think outside the box and quickly learn new ideas independently
- Be a good team player, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have the ability to maintain a professional outlook and carriage at all times