Zipline operates the worlds only drone delivery system at national scale, sending urgent medicines like lifesaving blood and vaccines to those in need, no matter where they live. Today, we're operating across most of Rwanda and quickly spreading across Ghana, covering millions more people with better access to medicine.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
The Facilities and Workplace Administrator plays an essential role in keeping our distribution center operations well coordinated and running seamlessly. Without you and the work you put in to achieve results, our teams will not be successful.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Plan and execute operational tasks: Be the most vibrant planner and executor of key activities that keeps operations running smoothly; transport and movements, housing, maintenance and many more. This would require you to be a very good communicator, highly flexible and be a supportive team player as there is high engagement with multiple stakeholders.
- Plan and execute administrative tasks: You would be responsible for preparing communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other in country correspondence. You will also be responsible for scheduling staff and other meetings; as well as scheduling appointments where necessary. Where required you would also be responsible for collating and distributing mails and action item tasks from staff and other meetings
- Ensure facilities and equipment are well maintained: You'll be responsible for reporting, tracking and supervising corrective and preventive maintenance actions on distribution center facilities and equipment (vehicles, generators, etc.). You are expected to close these actions out and properly document them.
- Coordinate and support visitors: You’ll be the point of contact for all visitors to and from the center. You’ll be responsible for ensuring a seamless and world-class hospitality experience for all visitors coming to the center.
- Coordinate and organise Stakeholder Meetings: You would be responsible for working with country and global level leadership to coordinate and organise stakeholder meetings
- Documentation Management: You will be responsible for ensuring that correspondence between stakeholders and country leaderships are submitted promptly and archived appropriately. You will be required to write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents
- Manage vendors: You’ll be responsible for sourcing, onboarding and managing vendors (food, sundries suppliers, service providers and contractors) and expected to make input into the processing of their payments.
- Supervise facilities support teams and contractors: You’ll be responsible for ensuring a high quality work output of the facilities support teams such as janitors and drivers.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Minimum of a tertiary certificate
- Prior experience in facilities management and administration (maintenance planning and scheduling, team management and leadership)
- Strong data gathering and analytics and reporting skills. Able to work with computing systems (G Suite, Microsoft Office Suite etc.)
- Licensed Driver who is able to drive a manual vehicle (an added advantage but not required)
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
We have received reports stating that certain individuals are reaching out to people under false pretenses, claiming to be Zipline employees, affiliates, agents, or representatives. They may seek to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities or by claiming that they are contacting you on Zipline’s behalf.
Genuine Zipline employees or representatives will never ask you for money or payment in exchange for employment opportunities or other related services. Any such offer of employment or any other service in exchange for fees that claims to be from us is deceitful and part of a fraud.
If you believe you have been targeted by a fraudulent party, we ask that you immediately get in touch with us via email at [email protected] upon receiving a suspicious offer or claim.