Voltic has become a generic name for mineral and bottled water in Ghana through the provision of world-class products known for good quality and natural freshness.
Read more about this company
An exciting job offer exists in Voltic (GH) Limited for a Unit Manager-Packaging. Voltic (GH) Limited, has been known for manufacturing of the leading premium water brand in Ghana for over two decades. Currently, Voltic (GH) Limited has expanded its portfolio to cover alcoholic beverages, carbonated soft drinks, Juices and Value-Added Dairies. This role reports to the Manufacturing Manager in the Manufacturing Function. The job incumbent is to manage, lead and support the team so that manufacturing, quality and maintenance targets are achieved in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. To draw up and communicate a business plan annually so that direction and objectives of the department are optimally planned, executed and monitored in line with CCBA iD’s strategic objectives
- Business is developed annually in line with strategic imperatives and benchmark guidelines
- Business plan consists of production plans, quality plans, raw material utilisation plans, people development plans, unit structure, suggested projects, timelines and technology/equipment
- Business plan and subsequent progress is communicated to team at agreed intervals
- Business plan supports world class principles
2. To set performance goals together with the team so that team members know, understand and can work effectively as a team towards common goals and purpose
- Performance goals are in line with the context issues, previous performance and business plan
- Performance goals are developed and agreed annually together with management and the Team Leaders
3. To drive WCM initiatives on own Lines
- Leads the WCM change management processes
- Formulates work practice deployment plans and ensures that plans are executed
- Drives a problem solving culture
- Ensures that teams implement and adhere to divisional standards
- Coaches teams on work practice Implementation
4. To manage and support team leaders and team to achieve production, maintenance and quality targets in a cost effective manner
- Deviations from production plan, maintenance plan, quality, safety and housekeeping standards are discussed, explained and actioned together with the Team Leaders, daily
- The Unit Manager is committed to providing support to enable Team Leaders to achieve performance goals (production, maintenance, quality, housekeeping, safety, etc.)
- Support is specific to the problem
- Support is effective and timeous
- Work instructions are available and updated (as and when required) for every machine and activity (operational, maintenance, safety, quality, sanitation, housekeeping, etc.)
5. To formulate and control expense and capital budgets so that expenses are planned for and managed effectively within budgetary parameters
- Expense and capital budgets are formulated in line with financial guidelines, production budget and with the business plan
- Input of Team Leaders is obtained
- To be approved by Manufacturing Manager
- The formulated expense budget includes all expense items as per expense format
- Approved budgets are communicated to Team Leaders timely
6. To encourage, assist, support and coach Team Leaders so that departmental targets, performance and future challenges are achieved effectively
- Team Leaders are treated in line with CCBA iD values and ethical guidelines
- Team Leaders understand the ACS tools (performance assessment, learning plan, career plan, etc.)
- The Unit Manager actively supports, coaches and encourages the Team Leaders to use the ACS tools as per the CCBA iD guidelines and specified intervals
- Team Leaders are continuously encouraged to actively participate in relevant management activities (e.g. budgeting, business planning, goal setting, staffing, etc.)
- Relevant information is freely shared and made available to the Team Leaders
- Team Leaders are allowed and encouraged to make decisions and to solve problems relevant to their work
7. To sell, manage, implement and actively support change interventions and projects to encourage the unit to internalise the change to meet operational targets
- Continuous understandable communication about reasons for change, processes involved, effects, benefits, etc.
- Effectiveness of change intervention is measured and results are fed back to team, monthly
8. To actively develop oneself to achieve career goals and to optimise individual and unit performance/ productivity
Skills, Experience & Education
- BSc (Mechanical or Electrical)
- 5 years production, technical and leadership/managerial experience in a FMCG environment
- Checked out Trainee preferable (in-house)
- FMCG experience an added advantage
- Understanding of The Manufacturing Way / WCM / Lean practices and principles.
- Detailed knowledge of Manufacturing processes.
- A good understanding of the Change Management process and OD principles.
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Good organisational abilities.
- A self-starter with high energy level.
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Ability to identify gaps and initiate improvement activities.
- Understanding of SHE policies and procedures
- Financial interpretation
- Project Management
- Proven Leadership skills and management capability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - clear capability and credibility to influence at all levels.
- Highly developed analytical skills with excellent problem solving capability
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality is non-negotiable.
- Ability to train and coach own team (s).
- Ability to apply problem solving skills at all levels and implement associated systems
- Is a logical thinker with the ability to determine quick solutions when problems arise
- Ability to reflect and analyse with precision
- Ability to be pragmatic, and able to place equal emphasis on quality and productivity
- Ability to be systematic and analytical helps to foster high quality outputs
- Negotiation skills
go to method of application »
An exciting job offer exists in Voltic (GH) Limited for a Sachet SHEQ Coordinator. Voltic (GH) Limited has been known for manufacturing of the leading premium water brand in Ghana for over two decades. Currently, Voltic (GH) Limited has expanded its portfolio to cover alcoholic beverages, carbonated soft drinks, Juices and Value-Added Dairies. This role reports to the Sachet Quality Technologist in the Manufacturing Function. The job incumbent is to ensure that all the sachet plants meet the product and packaging quality requirements as set by Voltic (GH) Limited and The Coca-Cola Company as well as adhere to the required applicable EOSH requirements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Apply Understanding of Business Strategy, Processes and Products
- Ensure that controlled copies of the Coolpac manual are distributed to the Coolpac operations.
- Ensure that all outlet management and QA teams are trained on the contents of the manual.
- Perform pre-inspections and validations on new outlets as per agreed protocols. Pre-inspection of all new sites to be done. Report to be compiled and submitted to the SQAT and Commercial Director.
- Installation validation to be done on any new equipment installations as per the Coolpac manual.
2. Scheduling and Activities
- Ensure that the auditor visits or routes are executed as per the scheduling plan
- Ensure that the activities required for each visit or audit is documented
- Ensure that records are kept for each visit and that follow up items or issues are tracked for each outlet.
3. Performance Management and Compliance of outlets and auditors
- Submit all visit and audit reports to the SQAT and communicate issues immediately.
- Record all packaging related quality issues and resolve with supplier via Procurement. Keep records of CA taken by supplier.
- Track issues of product imitation and report any valid and confirmed cases to the SQAT.
- Investigate and handle all Sachet consumer complaints. Record all corrective actions and submit to the SQAT.
- Ensure that the laboratory and production teams at the various sachet plants apply proper safety and housekeeping procedures, and adhere to all legal requirements when carrying out their tasks.
- Ensure implementation of the appropriate CCBA and legislative policies (such as KORE requirements) with regards to Safety and Environment at the various plants
- Ensure that Safety and Environment receive appropriate focus through regular checks and safety audits.
- Responsible for correcting where unsafe work practices have been identified with support from country SHEQ team
- Making sure GMP audits are done by the QA team at the various sachet plants
- Making sure all requirement of the sachet quality manual are followed-up and implemented at the various plants
- Ensure both product and package quality at the various sachet plant
- Quarantine of all non-conforming materials/products at the various plants during their visit
- Making recommendation for the suspension, closure and withdrawal of franchise license of any non-conforming plant
- Ensure immediate stop of production for critical food safety non-conformance at the plants
4. Sampling and Testing
- Ensure that all sampling plans are executed as per the Coolpac manual (such as monthly micro sampling and testing of final product). Product testing (facility and Trade)-Physicochemical onsite. Micro and chemistry analysis from trade and factory analysed
- Review internal records during each visit to ensure that outlets comply to internal testing requirements & verify equipment.
- Perform required testing on site.
- Communicate results (from Medie lab such as micro results) to the outlet and assist with corrective action.
- Perform Quarterly audits with on all plants.
- Additional Unannounced audits to be done on outlets based on Risk
- Ensure that audit findings are followed up with outlets where required and any unresolved issues are escalated to the SQAT.
6. Continuous Improvement & Technical Support
- Advise and support plants to solve technical issues
- Support the plants in all regulatory (FDA, GSA, EPA, FACTORY INSPECTORATE, FIRE CERTIFICATE) approvals: from documentation to inspection especially new plants and provide additional support to plants when needed
7. Capability Building
- Ensure that all Outlet management/owners and QA personnel are trained in the contents of the Coolpac manual, including interpretation of GMP status in outlets and workable knowledge of HACCP & EOSH systems and requirements. Training of plants on Hygiene, Quality, Safety and Environmental issues.
- Ensure that all outlet Quality Personnel are trained in the correct sampling techniques and analytical testing methods, including calibration and verification of test equipment.
8. Maintain Safety, Health and Environmental Standards
- Maintain health, safety and environmental standards
- Implement Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and procedures
Skills, Experience & Education
- Ideal: Bachelor's Degree in Sciences or equivalent with training in Total Quality Management.
- Added Advantage: Work experience in the Beverage Industry would be an advantage
- Minimum: National Diploma in Food Technology, Chemistry, General Sciences
- Experience: 3 years
- Valid Driver’s licence
- Agile in thinking
- Adept at discerning and balancing the most important priorities (simplifies complexity)
- Simplifies the decision making process for self and others
- Efficiently applies rigour and operating discipline to ensure decisions are made on a timely basis
- Exhibits high level of commercial pragmatism and prudent commercial judgment
- Effectively applies sound intuition/judgment
- Assesses and makes clear trade-offs when making critical decisions
- Applies a knowledge and experience to solve process issues
- Proven ability to foresee and take action against potential risks to the plant or local operation
- Ability to work independently
- Apply knowledge of the Sachet Business Model and Processes
go to method of application »
An exciting job offer exists in Voltic (GH) Limited for a Machine Specialist. Voltic (GH) Limited, has been known for manufacturing of the leading premium water brand in Ghana for over two decades. Currently, Voltic (GH) Limited has expanded its portfolio to cover alcoholic beverages, carbonated soft drinks, Juices and Value-Added Dairies. This role reports to the Maintenance Controller in the Manufacturing Function. The job incumbent is to maintain, repair and optimise plant and associated devices to ensure that plant availability and product quality at minimum cost; without sacrificing standards.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Operational Support
- Provide specialist support to the shift based teams during operations. This will include standby and day shift support.
- Where requested, assist as a functional expert in problem solving. This must be undertaken in support of the process artisan.
- Provide guidance and advice to the shift based teams on machine operation, machine fault finding and correct responses to machine failure modes.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer of machine operation to shift based teams.
- Review SIC’s and address deviations regularly
- Take part, as a functional expert, in regional and central plant optimisation trials.
- Development of work instructions related to equipment.
- Monitor and manage performance of equipment.
- Ability to work shifts and be available on call-out where necessary
- Verify and ensure that machines are running at rated speed
2. Planned Maintenance
- Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the Planner.
- Where scheduled work cannot be completed, feed back to the Maintenance Planner for direction. This may involve rescheduling the work or prioritising outstanding work.
- Assist fellow team members in the execution of their tasks during planned maintenance windows.
- Complete any administration and SAP tasks in support of planned maintenance periods.
- Partake in maintenance post mortems to feedback problems, opportunities and learning’s from maintenance activities.
- Optimisation of maintenance schedules
- Coach / train Operators on autonomous maintenance tasks
3. Routine Maintenance
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner.
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule.
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem solving techniques.
- Where problems have been uncovered, and it is required to include the work in the planned maintenance schedule, this must be communicated to the maintenance planner.
- Carry out condition monitoring activities where these have been allocated to the technician in accordance with the CM schedule.
4. Running Repairs
- Partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the shift artisans in carrying out repairs.
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action.
- Solicits external specialist assistance where required; e.g. OEM’s (as agreed with the Packaging Engineer).
- Verify that running repairs carried out address the problems
- Complete the administration tasks relating to any running repairs that the technician has carried out. This includes all SAP inputs.
- Where running repairs cannot be carried out, communicates this to the Maintenance Planner to ensure the work is planned into the next planned maintenance window.
5. Problem Solving
- Apply the correct problem solving methodologies to resolve problems
- Solicit additional resources to assist in problems solving or escalate to the Maintenance Planner or Packaging Engineer for direction.
- Assist /coach fellow team members to resolve problems.
- Take part, as a functional expert, situational and systemic problem solving.
6. Housekeeping and safety
- Operate in a safe manner at all times, and to identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected.
- Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhering to appropriate CCBA policies and procedures.
- Carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 4S principles during the execution of their duties
7. Support NPD implementation and trials:
- Support NPD trials to be able to run on assets
- Ensure adherence to NPD procedures
- Ensure all changes on assets are well documented as per the Engineering Change Management business processes
8. Training and Development
- Train, coach, assess and sign-off PA’s and Operators on asset care and autonomous maintenance
- Development of operational and technical standards and work instructions
Skills, Experience & Education
- National Higher Diploma (Mechanical / electrical with some instrumentation) as added advantage
- 5 years’ work experience (FMCG an added advantage)\
- Diagnostic ability
- Coaching skills
- Result and Execution Driven
- Resilient and energetic
- Customer focused
- Contribute to self and team development.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work under the pressures
- Must have an appreciation for quality and technical standards.
- Must be able to liaise with Machine Suppliers (OEM’s) and Technical Support from COF.
- Must be able to carry out mechanical and electrical maintenance work.
- Must have good 'trouble shooting' skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.