African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Banks development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly r...
Read more about this company
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The primary role of the Language Services Department is to ensure the accessibility in the two working languages of the Bank (English and French, and on occasion Arabic and Portuguese) of all issues and documents submitted to the Senior Management and governing bodies of the Bank, for efficient decision-making aimed at the achievement of the Bank's mission.
In this regard, the Department seeks to ensure an accurate and effective flow of communication within the Bank, and also between the Bank, its shareholders, development partners and the public, by providing the highest quality of translation, interpretation and terminological services to the Institution.
The Document Control Officer coordinates document control activities in the Language Services Department, sets up and runs a document control system aimed at facilitating the management of the workflow and preventing non conformity with Bank procedures.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Director of the Language Services Department, the Document Control Officer will ensure the conformity of translation requests with Bank rules and procedures and maintain control and traceability of documents from reception to delivery. In particular, he/she shall
Technical advisory role
- Ensure technical supervision of the document control section
- Advise colleagues on new developments in document control activities
- Coordinate all document control initiatives in the Department
- Keep abreast of developments in document control and translation project coordination.
- Set up and run an efficient document control system in the Department
- Ensure established rules are followed and that documents are in accordance with agreement conditions; identify processing problem and recommend corrective actions
- Supervise all stages of document control of a translation project, from receipt of a job request to delivery of the completed job, including negotiating with the requesting unit, ensuring the conformity of the request with corporate rules, consulting with internal and external services providers, preparing files, resolving complex issues relating to language combinations, and providing quality assurance at exit
- Receive and review client requests for quality and completeness of submissions, clarify client expectations and resolve coordination and operational issues
- Run and regularly monitor the translation workflow (Hermès)
- Manage workflows of documents either in electronic form or on paper support
- Advise clients on full range of services, production techniques and technology options and responds orally or in writing to routine and complex inquiries
- Collect information and analyze any trends related to the document processing and present the related report to management
- Track and monitor requests against service standard turnaround times, handle client requests for changes and communicate impact on budget and timeline
- Provide detailed time and cost estimates to clients and negotiate mutually beneficial cost and delivery details
- Monitor translation progress in cooperation with clients and service providers and report on the progress of translation projects
- Ensure all documents and reference materials are correctly identified and distributed
- Undertake translation-related assignments at the request of Management
- Produce monthly reports and prepare input for the Department’s KPIs.
- Engage with requesting units to agree on deliverables, key expectations and service level agreements
- Engage with internal and external service providers to monitor progress, identify issues and resolve them
- Drive innovation, by introducing and promoting new approaches to document control and management activities across the Department
- Engage with the Office of the Secretary General to meet Board expectations on document distribution.
- Hold at least a least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in translation, languages, linguistics or related discipline. Qualifications in any other discipline relevant to the Bank’s activities such as business administration, management or accounting would be an added advantage.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of practical experience in document control or translation related activities, at least 2 of which (for external candidates) should have been spent working in or with an international organization.
- Ability to set up and run an efficient document control system at Departmental level.
- Ability to run the language workflow and generate relevant statistical data
- Sound knowledge of emerging document control systems and language workflow software
- Ability to use translation tools and other language software
- Proven ability to work independently, while displaying team spirit.
- Good negotiation skills and capacity to secure stakeholder buy-in.
- Ability to work with standard Microsoft software used in the Bank including SAP.
- Ability to communicate excellently (written and oral) in English and French.
go to method of application »
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The Human Capital, Youth and Skills Development Department, within the Agriculture, Human and Social Development Vice Presidency will spearhead the achievement of the High 5 on “Improving the Quality of Life for People in Africa” and contribute to the other High 5s. The Department has two divisions: (i) Education, Human Capital and Employment Division; and (ii) Public Health, Security and Nutrition Division focussing on strengthening health systems and nutrition for human wellbeing. It also hosts various pertinent initiatives and trust funds. The Department leads the Bank’s support to Africa’s economic transformation by (i) developing and promoting the adoption of relevant policies and strategies; (ii) providing deep multi-sector expertise to the regional hubs by gathering pool of experienced individuals who can be consulted to provide technical advice on complex transactions (Communities of Practice); (iii) developing new financing instruments; and (iv) fostering strategic partnerships to leverage resources into the human and social development sectors.
The Director of the Human Capital, Youth and Skills Development Department reports to the Vice President for Agriculture, Human, and Social Development. He/She is responsible for providing leadership and supervising the staff and activities of the two Divisions as well as the special initiatives and trust funds hosted in the Department. The main work objectives are:
- Lead the Bank’s policy and strategic work on human and social development to ensure operations which are identified, developed and executed by regional hubs effectively implement the Bank’s relevant sector policies and strategies.
- Lead the execution of the Bank’s Jobs for Africa’s Youth strategy to build skills and entrepreneurship and implement innovative financing systems to deliver on massive job creation for youths across regional member countries.
- Forge strong strategic partnerships with multilateral and bilateral organizations and regional organizations to leverage resources and support the growth of the Bank’s portfolio in the human and social development sectors, and to support the Vice President’s role as the Bank’s spokesperson to external audiences.
- Support the development and implementation of innovative financing mechanisms, as well as technical and management approaches to promote access to social services across regional member countries, including through public-private partnerships and improvement of the overall governance of these sectors.
- Strengthen Africa’s scientific research and innovation capacity.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of action plans to reduce malnutrition and stunting across regional member countries and building political support and strategic partnerships.
The Director of the Human Capital, Youth and Skills Development Department, under the oversight of the Vice-President for Agriculture, Human, and Social Development Complex, manages staff of the Department and plans, organizes, supervises and directs the work to ensure efficient and effective Bank Group assistance. Specifically, the Director:
- Leads, supervises and carries out the strategic direction of the two Divisions as well as the initiatives hosted within the Department; evaluates their performance; and promotes and organizes team work among them to achieve the objectives of the Department.
- Determines and manages the human and financial resource requirements of the Department; participates in the selection of staff, allocates and provides management support to the staff and facilitates their full performance in technical work; determines the staff’s training and career development needs; approves their annual performance evaluation; and resolves serious staff disputes/complaints.
- Oversees the programmatic/administrative tasks necessary for the functioning of the Department, including preparation of budgets, reporting on the Department’s performance, evaluation of staff performance; recruits staff, taking due account institutional values; and manages, guides, develops and trains staff under his/her supervision.
- Leads and coordinates the work programme of the Department, determining priorities, and allocating resources for the timely delivery of outputs; fosters teamwork and communication among staff in the Department and across organizational boundaries; implements the work programme of the Department? Oversees the management of activities undertaken; and ensures that the key performance indicators set for the Department are met.
- Participates in and/or chairs meetings for the Departmental Management Team, Inter-Departmental Working Groups, donor and partner meetings related to the initiatives and trust funds under the Human Capital, Youth and Skills Development Department and other meetings related to the work of the Department.
- Provides expertise and leadership in the development and review of Bank Group’s policies, rules, regulations, norms and standards especially related to human and social development; and ensures their implementation in the Department; promotes and ensures the professional quality of the documents produced by the staff of the Department.
- Provides advice to the Vice President and the President of the Bank on Jobs for Youth, human capital development and health matters and defends before the Board papers originating from the Department.
- Develops and maintains cooperation and co-financing relations with the other development agencies and organizations; Leads important and sensitive missions to the member countries and partner organizations and agencies; Represents the Bank Group in major international conferences and meetings especially on human and social development.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Vice President
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Development Economics, or closely related disciplines.
- Have a minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant and progressive experience on human capital development, social development, research and policy, particularly related to employment creation, social protection, social development, public health, gender empowerment or related field in an internationally recognized financial or development institution or similar. At least five (5) years of professional experience should be at a managerial level.
- Ability to interact with and provide advice to high level government officials and Senior Executives.
- Knowledge of operational policies, rules, procedures and practices of the Bank or comparable institution;
- Ability to analyse and evaluate critical matters pertaining to a broad spectrum of socioeconomic issues and provide policy advice.
- Experience in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the activities of similar departments and supervising managers and department staff, organizing teams, and providing managerial support.
- Experience in delivering high quality operational products and services (economic analyses, research advice, sectoral studies and evaluation) in support of the Bank’s work.
- Experience in human capital development, employment and social protection, dealing with situations of fragility and fragile states, social development, or health sector development and policy support in Africa is a plus.
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
go to method of application »
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The Head of Cyber Risk will create a new Unit within the Bank to provide expertise and assistance to ensure the Bank’s infrastructure and information assets are appropriately protected. The Cyber Risk Unit will be responsible for the safeguarding of all bank’s Information Communication Technology (ICT) assets across all platforms, locations, and stakeholders. The Cyber Risk Unit will be part of Bank’s ICT lifecycle management to provide secure ICT solutions to the Bank. The Cyber Risk Unit will lead and provide cyber security technology solutions at the Bank, such activities include but are not limited to Security Operation Center (SOC), Cyber Incident Response, Threat Intelligence, Zero-day attack and defence, cloud security, mobile security, data security and application security. The Cyber Risk Unit will focus on developing and driving information risk strategies, policies/standards, ensuring the effectiveness solutions, ensuring appropriate risk policies and procedures such as user log-on and authentication rules, security breach, escalation procedures, and security assessment procedures. The Cyber Risk Unit will enforce information security policies and procedures, monitor data security profiles on all platforms and investigate risk scenarios.
The objective of this position are to:
- Be responsible for the safeguarding of all Bank’s Information Communication Technology (ICT) assets across all platforms, locations and stakeholders. Additionally, the incumbent will play a central role in refining the broader information technology risk program across the bank, and will be responsible for ensuring compliance of all third-party providers with the information security standards.
- Establish a complete vision for cybersecurity practices for the Bank and management of security policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards. This includes roadmaps for evolving the ICT security architecture, associated toolsets, security processes, etc.
- Lead Cyber Security innovation at the Bank and provide innovative ICT security solutions to address business and technology challenges
- Provide solutions to Bank’s ICT and business project team ensuring information and technology security requirements, including confidentiality, integrity, and availability are managed and the project objectives are achieved.
- Plan, execute, and manage multi-faceted projects related to cyber risk management, mitigation and response, compliance, control assurance, and user awareness.
- Update, maintain and document information controls and provide direct support to the Bank internal IT structures.
- Be responsible for leading and coordinating, articulating, and tracking actions related to developing and driving the implementation of a new Cyber Risk Unit ensuring effective cyber security risk management practices, risk based planning and engaging with business Departments on a wide range of cyber risk matters to achieve the overall business objectives of the Bank.
- Oversee activities as assigned, primarily within risk management, and lead technical projects across all technical areas to mitigate cyber risks.
The areas of responsibility for the head of the unit are the following categories:
- Governance & strategy: Making sure all of the above initiatives run smoothly and get the funding they need — and that corporate leadership understands their importance
- Security operations: Real-time analysis of immediate threats, and triage when something goes wrong
- Cyber risk and cyber intelligence: Keeping abreast of developing security threats, and helping the board understand potential security problems that might arise from acquisitions or other big business moves
- Data loss and fraud prevention: Making sure internal staff doesn't misuse or steal data
- Security architecture: Planning, buying, and rolling out security hardware and software, and making sure IT and network infrastructure is designed with best security practices in mind
- Identity and access management: Ensuring that only authorized people have access to restricted data and systems
- Program management: Keeping ahead of security needs by implementing programs or projects that mitigate risks
- Investigations and forensics: Determining what went wrong in a breach, dealing with those responsible if they're internal, and planning to avoid repeats of the same crisis
The incumbent’s duties will include the following:
Ownership of the information security compliance vision, strategy and assurance including:
- Strategic planning for Cyber Security Risk Management at the Bank, including situation assessment, vision and mission, objectives, road maps for short, medium, and long terms.
- Evaluation and interpretation for AFDB of industry best practices (NIST, ISO, SANS, COBIT, CERT) and compliance requirements (Legislative, Regulatory).
- As appropriate - ownership, sponsorship, management, support and supervision of information security assessments, audits and ongoing monitoring.
- Information security threat and vulnerability management, incident reporting, event management, event investigation and analysis.
- Ownership of the information security project portfolio, including developing new or improved capabilities and addressing areas for needed remediation.
- Overall stewardship and sponsorship for AfDB Enterprise IT Risk management strategy.
Strategic planning, Risk management plan and actions
- Develop enterprise cyber security risk management strategy to address short term, medium term, and long term needs.
- Design, develop and maintain Enterprise Information Security Architecture (EISA) by aligning business processes, IT software and hardware, local and wide area networks, people, operations, and projects with the organization’s overall security strategy
- Perform external analysis of the organization (e.g., analysis of customers, competitors, markets and industry environment) and internal analysis (risk management, organizational capabilities, performance measurement etc.) and utilize them to align information security program with organization’s objectives
- Identify and consult with key stakeholders to ensure understanding of organization’s objectives
- Define a forward-looking, visionary and innovative strategic plan for the role of the information security program with clear goals, objectives and targets that support the operational needs of the organization
- Engage with business leaders on risk matters ranging from policy and governance to security risk operations.
- Provide active expert level support to bank’s ICT and business project team to ensure on target, on time and on budget delivery of the projects to meet business needs.
- AFDB has adopted a “Cloud first” strategy. Cloud-based platforms and software-as-a-service (“SaaS”) are widely used by IT and business units at the Bank. The incumbent will lead the unit to develop a cloud security strategy and be accountable for the implementation of the strategy.
- Provide administrative and tracking actions to the Vice President CHVP, while interfacing with the Business Continuity Unit, the Physical Security Unit, the Information Technology Department, the Operational Risk Team and the Group Chief Risk Officer.
- Lead and ensure coordination and consensus with other Bank teams to align processes and procedures to ensure a common approach to cyber risk management activities.
- Lead Cyber Security Technology innovation at the Bank and provider highest level expertise advisory services to the senior management
- Ensure all processes and access are in line with Bank policies.
- Support internal and external audits.
- Manage multiple projects with broad scope, ambiguity, and high degree of difficulty.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of all cyber risk principles, technologies and elements.
- Understand the Bank global program structure, operations and support the High 5 strategy.
- A Master’s degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, computer science, computer engineering, information technology, management information systems, security and risk management or equivalent.
- 8+ years' work experience in relevant Information Security Risk position and 2+ years’ experience in a management role or a similar position or having equivalent skills and experience is highly desired. Practical experience with ISO 27000 is required. 3+ years’ experience in conducting or leading risk based information security assessments would be an added advantage.
- Expert level experience in two or more CISO domains
- Mandatory Certifications in ICT security (unless demonstrate the same level of knowledge):
- CISM and/or CIS
- Desired Security Certifications and experience (one or more):
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- CCIE security
- SANS cyber defence
- Threat Intelligence
- Kali penetration testing
- Structured project management experience in deploying cyber risk related initiatives.
- Broad experience in computer and network systems focused on IT and cyber risks.
- Experience leading teams.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance, standards, and frameworks such as ISO, NIST, COBIT and PCI DSS.
- Proven understanding of information security risk assessment and risk management procedures and methodologies.
- Ability to correlate enterprise risk with appropriate administrative and technical security risk controls.
- Knowledge and experience with diverse architectures, large-scale transaction processing environments, external hosted services, and cloud computing environments.
- Functional understanding and knowledge of information technology risk principles, standards, and processes, such as authentication and access control, infrastructure hardening, network traffic analysis, endpoint security, platform architecture, application security, encryption and key management, cloud security, etc.).
- Working knowledge of all operating systems
- Dynamic and self-motivated to provide excellent services to the users
- Have excellent interpersonal skills coupled with a collaborative style
- Strong communication skills to enable effective engagement of team members and external providers.
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to advise senior management on complex systems development and related matters of significant importance to the institution; conceptual and strategic analytical capacity to understand information system and business operational issues so as to thoroughly analyze and evaluate critical systems matters.
- Demonstrable experience in improving processes and approaches; demonstrable adaptability to changing priorities.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in own occupation/ profession; good understanding of the new technology and industry trend.
- Excellent team spirit, communication skill, both verbal and writing
- Fluency in English and/or French with good working knowledge of other language.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.