Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
AirtelTigo is a solid, dynamic and innovative brand, providing a wide range of telecommunications services, including mobile voice, data mobile financial services and business connectivity solutions. Launched in November 2017, from a merger between erstwhile Airtel and Tigo, AirtelTigo is the second-largest Mobile Network Operator in Ghana.
Read more about this company
Data Network optimization
To take ownership and to monitor Key Performance Indicators related to core network.
To ensure efficient usage of the Data Network and interfaces.
Data Network planning
- To maintain and supervise the implementation of a 5year Data Network [Packet switch,
- MPBN, EDGE routers, Caching services, IPLC etc. expansion plan in line with an approved network strategy and within performance targets.
- Capacity Planning and dimension for all Data Network nodes [Packet switch, MPBN, EDGE routers, switches, Caching services, IPLC etc. in line with agreed capacity management guidelines.
Defining and implementing solutions that aligns with best practices and future strategy.
- Ensure network resilience for all Data Network Nodes [Packet switch, MPBN, EDGE routers, switches, Caching services, IPLC etc. in line with agreed Network Availability KPIs.
- Enterprise Solution Architect
Provide technical centre of excellence for core and IP transport related issues.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Network Utilization
- Data Network KPIs
- Availability Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Delivery Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Maintain up-to-date documentation on current network architecture and services.
- Delivery of the AirtelTigo Ghana MPBN backbone network and related IP access network
Qualification And Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics &Telecommunication.
- 8 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Able to handle a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Experience with Agile delivery methodology.
Ability to communicate technical detail to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage and set expectations in terms of project implementations, timelines, budgets and resources.
- Ability to work effectively with project teams, customers, and executive management Strong customer focus.
- Competency in defining and introducing new, professionally managed network services.
Achievement Orientation & Drive.
- Continuous Learning
Critical Thinking & Problem-solving
go to method of application »
The successful candidate will join our team as a Legal Manager in the Legal and Regulatory Department. S/he will report to the Chief Legal and Regulatory officer and will be responsible for providing legal advice in a commercial setting covering all corporate/commercial activities including negotiating of contracts and appropriate commercial arrangements. This role will also be responsible for managing the company’s contractual arrangements and guarantee that business practices, activities and policies are in accordance with Ghanaian laws.
Contract Drafting, Review and Approval:
- Lead in creating and maintaining a proactive legal dossier.
- Support stakeholders and user departments to negotiate contracts in a time bound manner while ensuring that the said agreement is legally enforceable and, in the Company’s, interest.
- Draft all contracts concerning the various areas of the business or all the departments;
- ensuring that they are in compliance with applicable laws and the direction of the business, forwarding them for approval.
- Ensure legal compliance monitoring within the entire company as well as direct risk management efforts related to daily operations.
- Develop a system for the valid execution, archiving and retrieval of all commercial contracts and other arrangements concluded by the Company.
Monthly and quarterly legal reports:
- Preparing monthly legal reports which reflects legal costs, intellectual property, board meetings, company projects, material contracts and the legal register.
- Preparing quarterly compliance certificates including secretarial certificates for the Company and its affiliates and/or subsidiaries which reflect the Company’s compliance with existing laws and regulations.
Continuing Legal Education and advise:
- Develop internal stakeholder’s awareness of legal obligations, providing general legal advice to various departments of the business and ensuring that there is compliance during and post negotiations to ensure minimal exposure by the company and to the company.
- Effectively partner with and support all the different departments of the company, taking effective decisions by enhancing their understanding of legal implications.
- Identify requirements for legal advice to support the corporate functions and delivers or enables that advice in a timely and effective manner.
Providing legal/commercial solutions:
- Provide legal/commercial solutions to the various departments to minimize risk (litigation/disputes) and maximize opportunities for the company
Ensure that all transactions adequately protect the interests of the Company, and the potential liability of the Company is either eliminated or mitigated through innovative mechanisms.
- Manage the workload arising from his or her responsibilities by providing advice and support directly or by seeking support either from appropriate alternative internal or external resources, with the approval of the Chief Legal & External Affairs Officer.
- Provide legal support to the various functions of the business.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Company’s processes for the management of legal or Compliance risk in its business.
- Provide Company Secretarial support with the company and any subsidiaries.
- Carry out such other duties concerning general legal work as requested.
Qualification And Experience:
- A University degree in Law (LLB].
- Qualifying Certificate in Law admitted to practice in Ghana).
- A relevant master’s degree will be an advantage
- A Minimum of Seven (7) years’ experience at the Bar with at least Five (5) years working experience in a corporate law firm, with an established practice in corporate & commercial law or as an in-house counsel
- Telecom sector experience and corporate finance work and or
litigation experience will be an added advantage.
- Business awareness – must have sufficient experience in core areas of contract, tort, company and commercial law, intellectual property law and legal compliance.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving and commercial drafting skills.
- Knowledge and experience in procurement transactions.
- Some knowledge of transaction management and litigation disputes.
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing.
- Experience of working with lawyers and clients in different jurisdictions.
- Ability to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously.
- Emotional resilience; Confidence in awkward or pressurized situations.
- High personal standards and goal oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date for Application: 10th February, 2023.
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.