Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
Plan International is a development and humanitarian organisation that advances childrens rights and equality for girls. We strive for a just world, working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners.
Read more about this company
This position is to facilitate community development activities in sponsorship, grants and programs; supervise and monitor partner activities within the operational area; and also contribute to Plan becoming a recognized voice for child rights and children’s issues.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position
- Mobilizes communities to prepare and implement their respective Community Development Plans (CDPs) to meet their development needs
- Facilitates the preparation of annual plans in line with PU long term plans for communities in line with Plan programme objectives and procedures.
- Identifies and facilitates capacity building for children, local groups and organizations; and other partner organizations.
- Ensures that children, women, men and the marginalized participate at all levels in the development process at the district level .
- Participates in the development of action plans, budget preparation, and provide assistance to implement them to achieve program objectives.
- Participates in PU level Baseline and other evaluation activities evaluation to assess effects/impacts of Plan interventions.
- Prepares and submits monthly work plans detailing tasks (including monitoring plans) to be undertaken and indicators of performance and prepare progress reports for reference and support attainment of objectives.
- Facilitates the preparation of project outlines (POs) and manages them to meet set objectives
- Supervises and monitors activities of all implementing and strategic partner organizations in area of operation to ensure their services lead to value for money
- Conducts community visits to supervise, monitor and offer support for all development activities
- Facilitates the organization of participatory annual community evaluation to guide program implementation
- Facilitates the involvement of communities, relevant government bodies and other partners in Plan activities
- Conducts regular visits to partners in the area of operation to provide technical support for effective implementation management of all community development program activities.
- Assists in the building of partnerships, networks, coalitions and alliances with other stakeholders in the district to increase program effectiveness.
- Ensures Gender is mainstreamed into all community development related program activities in the area of operation and maintains gender sensitivity towards staff and Plan associates.
- Ensures Safeguarding Children and Young People is mainstreamed into all community development related program activities to meet Plan goals
- Ensures rights based programming in all community development related program activities to meet Plan goals
- Ensures Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) is well integrated in all community development program activities to assure child protection in the PU.
- Provides inputs to the DDC to ensure an effective Management Information System (MIS) is in place to support Knowledge Management.
- Facilitates the production of sponsorship communications items in communities within the zone by:
- Dispatching sponsorship items to sponsored children (SCs)
- Supporting the sharing of all sponsorship information and documents to sponsor children and family
- Visit SC’s home at least once a year and record such visits
- Proof reads 100% of sponsorship documents and dispatch to the program unit office weekly
- Coordinates Sponsor visits to communities
- Ensures that children, their families and communities participate in the preparation and production of sponsorship communication items.
- Collaborates with grant department in sourcing adequate funds both internally and externally for the implementation of community development activities as outlined in the PU Long Term plans to achieve set objectives.
- Supports the development of the Zonal Resource Mobilization Plan development and roll out
- Develops Concept Notes and Proposal for the development of the zone. Also co-ordinates Partners proposal development in close consultation with the Grants Department
- Co-ordinates quality Project Reports for timely submission to Program Unit Manager
- Provides Support in monitoring Grants Projects to ensure quality implementation, reporting and accountability
- Fulfills Plan’s Safeguarding Children and Young People policy at all times to prevent children from all forms of child abuse
- Performs any other duties to be assigned to support the achievement of organizational goals
Required Skills or Experience
- First Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience in frontline role in development work.
- Experience in the NGO sector preferably with child-related development issues, would be an advantage
- Knowledge in contemporary issues affecting children.
- Fluency in the Ewe Language is required.
- Good facilitation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong community mobilization skills
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Training delivery/Presentation skills
- Analytical skills.
- Communication skills, appropriate to the audience.
- Strong team-building and motivational skills.
- Good working knowledge in Microsoft applications and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet.
- Good supervisory and coordination skills
- Good knowledge of project management, supervision, monitoring and evaluation tools
- Good knowledge of gender & community development
- Good report-writing skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Ability to facilitate participative processes for all stakeholders for implementing development activities
- Planning and organizing with all stakeholders to ensure all-inclusiveness in community and partner activities
- Knowledgeable in Participatory Learning and Action (PLA)/Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) techniques for community development
- Develops, motivates, coaches and promotes high performance by partners’ staff and collaborators.
- Works in a participative community approach
- Strong knowledge of the Rights of Child
- Ability to understand different cultural contexts
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow laid down procedures and instructions
This position entails 80% travelling within communities in the district.
Level of Contact with Children
High level: Frequent interaction with children
go to method of application »
To enhance the project by driving the project vehicle and providing administration support.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
- Drive professionally and defensively to ensure safety and protection of staff at all times without any incidents of accidents or injuries
- Ensure vehicle is maintained as per the maintenance schedule of the vehicle to enhance longevity of vehicle with no reports of frequent breakdowns or malfunctioning of vehicle
- Ensure that vehicle movement and mileage are duly recorded in the vehicle’s logbook to keep and track vehicle movement without any reports of carjacking
- Ensure that the vehicle is always cleaned to enhance its state and notify Administrative Coordinator at least 3 months before the expiry date of the vehicles documents (insurance/road worthiness certificate etc) for renewal without any queries from the MTTU/Police
- Dispatch local mail to addressees as would be directed to keep and maintain communication with our clients without any reports of missing mails
- Deposit and withdraw monies at bank as would be directed for implementation of project activities without any reports of fraud or loss of monies
- Comply with Plan’s Safeguarding of Children and young people Policy at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
- Perform any other duties to be assigned to support the attainment of project goals.
Required Skills or Experience
- GCE O level/SSS
- At least 5 years’ driving experience in the formal sector
- Valid driving license with at least class C
- Experience in the NGO sector preferably with child-related development organisation, would be an advantage
- Fluency in the Ewe Language is required.
- Basic auto mechanic skills
- Good knowledge of the Highway Codes
- Defensive driving
- Good communication skills
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good planning and organizing abilities
- Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
- Ability to interact with staff at all levels as is required
- Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism
- High sense of judgment and responsibility
- High safety awareness level of area of operation
- Good team player
This position entails 80% travelling time within Plan offices and in the Program Units with 20% of the time on office related activities.
Level of Contact with Children:
Mid contact: Occasional interaction with children
Method of Application
Interested applicants should submit the following documents in addition to a cover letter to [email protected]
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) Referees (work-related)
- Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Plan is an equal opportunities employer, committed to the protection of children and gender equity and our recruitment procedure reflect this. Selected applicants will be expected to comply with the child protection policy of the organization
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.