Voltic has become a generic name for mineral and bottled water in Ghana through the provision of world-class products known for good quality and natural freshness.
An exciting job offer exists in Voltic (GH) Limited for a Team Leader. Voltic (GH) Limited, has been known for manufacturing of the leading premium water brand in Ghana for over two decades. Currently, Voltic (GH) Limited has expanded its portfolio to cover alcoholic beverages, carbonated soft drinks, Juices and Value-Added Dairies. This role reports to the Unit Manager, Packaging in the Manufacturing Function. The job incumbent will be responsible for leading the SBU in the execution of the production plan, ensuring that product meets all quality specifications, asset care through autonomous maintenance tasks and the resolution of production problems.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Coach team members in the correct execution of their tasks (operational and technical).
- Check and ensure that team members monitor process input and outputs in order to obtain the desired results
- Drives performance management practices (e.g. Performance Management Way - leading the development of team goals and carrying out team meetings and team goal review sessions.
- Manage human resource availability, leave and resource deployment
- Drive team member development
To drive WCM initiatives on own shift
- Communicates work practice deployment plans and ensures team buy-in
- Coaches team members on work practice Implementation
- Coaches team members situational problem solving
- Ensures that team members implement and adhere to divisional standards
Operating and Process Control
- Ensuring that team members understand and adhere to the operational, quality and process standards, work instructions and maintenance schedules, work practice deployment plans and performance target.
- Review and sign off of shift performance (QCDSM) and ensuring that all required administrative tasks in support of the production team are carried out.
- Manage immediate material availability needs
- Decide on course of action to resolve problems where production problems have been escalated
Maintenance of Plant and Equipment
- Check that the team members, carry out required autonomous maintenance tasks and any required running repairs on shift in accordance with work instructions and maintenance schedules
- Ensure that the process artisan carries out repairs on shift and coaches the team members on autonomous maintenance activities and carries out work in support of the maintenance specialists.
- Participates in maintenance planning meetings to highlights maintenance problems requiring attention.
- Where maintenance issues have been escalated to the team leader, the team leader with the brewing technician artisan must provide guidance and call in additional resources if required.
Quality Control and Analysis
- Ensure that the team members understand and adhere to quality standards
- Verifies that team members carry out routine quality checks and analysis according to the work instructions.
- Carry out quality trend analysis to identify problems and decide on appropriate course of action to resolve issues
- Ensures that problem solving takes place to identify/rectify the root cause of quality issues
- Ensures that the appropriate quality information is logged as per schedule (manually and/or electronically)
- Communicate team goals and regularly review to ensure team alignment
- Prepare for the daily shift meeting by reviewing past shift performance and identifying issues for team discussion.
- Ensure that visual management boards are updated prior shift meetings
- Lead the daily shift meeting, making use of a standard agenda, and ensuring that team members actively partake.
- Ensure that issues and opportunities raised during the daily shift meetings are recorded on the gap list for action, and that these actions have accountabilities and due dates assigned.
- Coach and support team members in using the correct problem solving techniques (such as 5Why, quick fix, OPL’s etc.) to solve situational problems.
- Where problems have been resolved, verify that the problem has been eliminated and ensure that work instructions are updated
- Escalate problems that could not be resolved at shift level to the Level 2 team (technical meeting)
Skills, Experience & Education
- Understanding of The Manufacturing Way / Supply Chain ways / Lean practices and principles
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of Packaging processes
- MS Office skills
- A self-starter with high energy levels.
- Ability to identify gaps and initiate improvement activities.
- Understanding of SHE policies and procedures
- The People Way and Company labour relations practices
Proven Leadership skills and management capability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - clear capability and credibility to influence at shop floor level.
- Good problem solving capability
- Is a logical thinker with the ability to determine quick solutions when problems arise
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality is non-negotiable.
- Ability to train and coach own team.
- Ability to be pragmatic, and able to place equal emphasis on quality and productivity
- Negotiation skills
go to method of application »
An exciting job offer exists in Voltic (GH) Limited for a Manufacturing Manager. Voltic (GH) Limited, has been known for manufacturing of the leading premium water brand in Ghana for over two decades. Currently, Voltic (GH) Limited has expanded its portfolio to cover alcoholic beverages, carbonated soft drinks, Juices and Value-Added Dairies. This role reports to the Supply Chain Director.. The job incumbent responsibility is to manage, lead and support the team so that manufacturing, quality and maintenance targets are achieved in the most cost effective and efficient manner. The role will manage the full Manufacturing scope including Engineering, SHEQ and Utilities. The position is responsible for the management of these functions and the leadership of the Functional Heads within Manufacturing.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Key Outputs and Accountabilities
- Develop plant business and implementation plans to ensure that customer service and productivity objectives of the Region and CCBA are met.
- Ensure productivity and budgeting objectives are met.
- Ensure customer service objectives are met.
- Work closely with Logistics to ensure systematic and strategic coordination of all Supply Chain business functions in order to ensure the continuous improvement of long term performance, of both the supply chain and the value chain as a whole.
- Manage the Manufacturing aspects of operational execution including flow of materials, production and all supporting operations.
- The main focus is on execution, efficiency and added value, or the end-customers perception of value. Manufacturing efficiency must be increased, and bottlenecks removed.
- Management and maintenance of the Manufacturing assets at a productive basic condition
- Lead the implementation and management of the Supply Chain Way
- Identify and develop relevant enablers to support delivery of Plant Business Plan and budget, including
- Process, Systems & Technology capability within the frameworks and guidelines provided by Central Office Support teams.
- People capability to ensure that business improvement objectives can be met.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Country Management teams.
- Manage the execution of the CAPEX process within the plant.
- Manage the primary engagement with local Labour Unions and all aspects relating to Industrial relations in the region.
- Ensure an engaged, productive and capable workforce aligned to deliver the strategic and operational business objectives of CCBA.
- Lead and Manage the development of a Health and Safety culture for all employees within the plant
- Talent pipeline maintained.
- Lead the Risk Management and Business Governance processes within the plant.
- Develop and manage the relationship with relevant Local Community and Interest forums departments.
Judgement and decision making
- Business plan development
- Budget and performance management.
- Productivity and cost analysis.
- Spend coordination.
- Alignment and direction of resources to meet customer service requirements.
- General direction of workforce to meet production requirements.
- Continuous improvement.
- Workforce management and direction.
Skills, Experience & Education
- Academic background: Relevant University/Bachelor degree is essential.
- MBA preferable
- Approximately 10 years of relevant corporate experience
- At least 3 years at a senior / executive level
- Strong track record of delivering results in a Manufacturing role.
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain Way
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Proven record of accomplishment in managing employee engagement.