Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
Faster, more reliable access. Of the over 7 billion people in the world, fewer than half are connected to the Internet. And for many who are online, inadequate or nonexistent infrastructure offers slow and unreliable connections. CSquared was launched to bring faster, more reliable Internet to the people and places that need it. We first built a metro fib...
Read more about this company
As a Legal Officer, you will work closely with all teams across various jurisdictions and assist them with their legal services requests. You will also work proactively in managing the legal risks and provide legal guidance to the respective teams.
You have strong relationship-building skills, proven experience in negotiating and closing agreements, the ability to clarify and summarize complex issues and strong attention to detail. You also possess high comprehensive analytical skills regarding projects and interactions with internal and external stakeholders and the ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management.
Your duties include providing legal advice and opinion, drafting and/or reviewing legal documents, handling corporate affairs, liaising with outside counsels… You will report to the Group Head of Legal and Regulatory.
- Advising on legal and regulatory frameworks, especially in the telecommunications industry across multiple jurisdictions in Africa
- Assisting in the evaluation, structure and close of business opportunities and market entrance
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation (e.g. Telecoms law, Competition Law, Consumer Protection Law etc.) throughout the company and keeping abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company
- Providing guidance on a variety of legal and regulatory issues, by monitoring the legal service requests and proactively advising the teams on matters which may pose significant risk to the company
- Assisting the Head of Legal and Regulatory Affairs in handling general corporate secretarial matters, including resolutions, board and general meetings, formalities…
- Directing the work of external counsel engaged on various matters, including corporate secretarial matters, documentation reviews, litigations…
- Initiating and leading interactions with customers or partners where appropriate to resolve complex legal matters.
- Research, build and maintain strong direct relationships with key stakeholders, including regulatory bodies.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from an accredited Law School
- A minimum of 5 years’ legal experience gained within a reputable law firm and/or a telco/IT company as an in-house
- Master’s degree in Law from an accredited Law School
- Work experience within Africa country or able to work with various jurisdictions
- Proven ability to handle ambiguity, work collaboratively with internal and partner contacts, influence cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including writing
- Ability to make prompt, clear and considered legal decisions involving operations across the multiple jurisdictions
- Flexibility on regional travel if need be
- Ability to perform research on and assist with execution on several time-sensitive project/deals at once in a fast paced environment with minimal direction.
go to method of application »
Reporting to senior management, you will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and compliance requirements and the month end financial reporting. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. Every day is a new challenge, and you’re continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our local teams, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it’s all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support the business’s objectives.
Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly accounting functions such as: BS and P&L accounting (Cash, Intercompany, Accounts Receivable, Inventory, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, Accruals, Revenue, Payroll, Opex), month end close process and reporting, general accounting and tax filings and all related statutory obligation.
- Oversee operations of the Kenya and Group finance function, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the trial balance, controlling income, cash flow and expenditure
- Provide financial results and analysis to senior management and guide the incountry leadership on all financial decisions
Governance, Controls and Compliance
- In liaison with the Group FC and team members, develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Drive, manage and embed operational excellence and a continuous improvement culture within the team to deliver improvements to financial policies, processes and systems.
- Act as a guardian of Internal control procedures, including Separation of Duties, Access Controls, Physical Audits, Documentation, Trial Balances, Reconciliations and Approval Authority.
Business Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances in liaison with FP&A Team
- Working with the country team to prepare budgets
- Lead the process for proactive budget management and reporting at country level.
- CAPEX management – ensure CAPEX is monitored, adequately recorded and reported. Oversee annual asset management processes such as verification.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities, buy or lease options.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Liaise with local tax authorities (KRA/MRA/GRA), labour and other government organizations
- Managing compliance with all the statutory obligations as well as taxation for the company, in accordance with local government requirements.
Business Partnering and Leadership
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement – Participate in all country key meetings, manage routines such as balance sheet reviews and reconciliations (monthly, quarterly), action on reconciling items.
- Manage relationships with third-party entities such as accounting firms and auditors in matters related to the Accounting, local external reporting, and Tax, being responsible for accurate and timely completion of local statutory audits, tax and other statutory filings. Proactively identify issues and keep manager informed in a timely manner.
- BA/ BS degree or equivalent
- CA/ CPA or equivalent
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in finance/accounting.
- Prior experience with Big Four firm a plus
- Experience working in a multinational firm
- Solid understanding of IFRS
- Strong project management, process improvement, computer and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail, organized and thorough with desire for continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and to lead and drive complex initiatives.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.