GIZ Ghana is a competent service provider,that develop tailor-made solutions to challenging problems for our clients.GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives.
You are applying for the EZ Trainee Program, a junior funding program of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Training is provided for German and multilateral development cooperation (DC) organizations. The program is being carried out by the German Association for International Cooperation (GIZ) on behalf of the BMZ. The focus of the program is the expansion of management skills and the acquisition of work experience in program development and management of German development cooperation.
The structure of the program enables you to get to know the structures, actors and ways of working of DC in a ‘on the job’ training from different perspectives: During the 17 months of training, you will go through three phases of practice. After the one-month preparation, start with the 8-month deployment in the o.g. Expertise in Ghana. Then choose a 3-month assignment with an international organization and end with a 5-month assignment in the BMZ.
Field of activity
- The trainee program will be used for your 8-month assignment in the Kofi Annan International Peacekeeping Training Center (KAIPTC) program in Ghana. The KAIPTC is a renowned African training and research center for the preparation of civilian personnel, police and military on peacekeeping missions in Africa. As part of the GIZ measure, the strategic and conceptual capacities of KAIPTC will be strengthened to further develop a performance profile of the partner (cooperation management, strategic partnerships, demand-oriented training offers, financial management and acquisition).
- They will be used to implement the recommendations from a training needs analysis with the African Union (AU) and the West African Economic Community (ECOWAS). Among other things, you will be involved in the initiation and implementation of financial sustainability measures (partner meetings, business cases) and organizational consulting.
Your tasks in the first practical phase:
- Assistance with the adaptation of the training portfolio is based on a needs analysis with the AU and ECOWAS
- Support in the development of concepts for the strategic communication of KAIPTC with key partners
- (Technical) preparation of technical and political discussions (for example, high-level dialogues with African Union)
- Responsible for consulting on the integration of a ‘second level partner’, eg smaller national partner organization
- Preparation and presentation of information on internal and external cooperation partnersThe two subsequent practical phases and the tasks there will be in the course of the EZ trainee program developed.
These professional qualifications will bring you for the first practical phase:
- Studied political science, social sciences, African studies
- Focus of studies in international relations, peace and conflict research, security studies, afrik. Regional studies
- Necessary expertise is in the field of African Peace and Security Architecture (APSA) and African Governance Architecture (AGA)
The following knowledge and experiences round off your qualifications for the entire EZ trainee program:
- Knowledge of development cooperation
- First practical experience in a developing country
- Fluent language skills in German and English
- Willingness to change location several times
- open for use in different organizations
- Intercultural Competence
- The knowledge and experience may have been acquired through an internship.
- Ghana is a relatively safe country by African standards. The security situation requires increased vigilance. Air pollution in Ghana is above average. Please also inform yourself about country-specific information of the Federal Foreign Office. The medical care in Accra is comparatively good.
- Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Ghana:
- We expect a fluent knowledge of German and ask you to submit all application documents in German.
- Please understand that we can only accept and process applications via our e-recruiting system. If this is not possible for you, you are welcome to contact the person indicated in the job advertisement.
- Please check your spam / junk folder in your inbox regularly, as emails from our e-recruiting system are considered spam by some providers.
- Please check that you have received an automatically generated acknowledgment of receipt.
- GIZ aims to help people with disabilities get started in their careers. Therefore, applications from people with disabilities are given special consideration.
Please note that we approx.
Expect 500 applications for the EZ trainee tenders. We try to complete the preselection until Christmas. Please be patient, every applicant will be informed by the end of December at the latest whether or not you are in the shortlist.
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.