Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
Marie Stopes International is a global organization with 11,000 team members working in 37 countries to deliver our mission. Starting from one single clinic in London, our organization has grown from one clinic in central London to become one of the worlds largest providers of high quality, affordable contraception and safe abortion services.
Read more about this company
Length of contract: All vacancies advertised have One (1) year contract (renewable base upon good performance).
The Centre Midwife will be responsible for providing high quality core MSIG clinical services in the assigned Centre of excellence. She will be required to support the Centre Manager to maintain high quality clinical services and to promote a congenial and professional atmosphere towards all clients. The midwife will report to the Centre Manager Ashaiman.
- Efficiently provide clinical services including long acting family planning methods.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all clinical products and equipment.
- Counsel and assist clients to make informed FP/SRH choices when necessary.
- Ensure that clinical complications at service delivery points are minimised or professionally managed when they occur.
- Provide core MSIG Clinical services including: IUCD, Implant insertion, MSP and MSMP.
- Support the Centre Manager to monitor monthly centre results and make appropriate recommendations to meet centre set targets.
- Assist with all clinical trainings at the centre level.
- Counsel and assist clients to make informed family Planning/sexual Reproductive Health decision.
- Keep and manage records of all centre activities including minutes of centre team meetings.
- Assist the Centre Manager to ensure formal communications with the various health partners where appropriate.
- Support with the entry of all service data into Clic and other MSIG database as required.
Required Skills or Experience
The Person Must:
- Have a recognised clinical qualification in Midwifery.
- Be registered with a recognised local clinical professional body in Ghana and be of good Standing.
- Be well versed in Ghana Health Service clinical policies, protocols and standards.
- Have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision.
- Have at least Three (3) years post-graduate experience in a Midwifery position.
- Have experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health.
- Have excellent provider-client interaction skills and work experience with Ghana Health Service and/or an INGO.
- Be sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services.
- Be passionate about maternal health, prochoice, self-motivator and able to motivate others to achieve result.
go to method of application »
The Centre Manager is responsible for the effective functioning of assigned centre through adequate planning and deployment of resources: human, finance and logistics. The job holder provides and ensures core clinical services daily at the centre. He/She develops centre work plans with his/her team, supervises, coordinates, monitors and assesses the performance of the clinical team to ensure quality service delivery.
In addition, the role has responsibility for maintaining proper and accurate records of Centre’s activities, addresses client complaints, and periodically collecting and analysing incidence reports in compliance with set clinical Standards.
The Centre Manager will report to the Regional Manager, Northern Sector.
- The Centre Manager is responsible for the coordinating, supervising, monitoring, and providing high quality clinical services in the centre.
- Oversees the work schedules of all clinical team working within the centre.
- Facilitates the transfer, relief and rotation of centre team members when necessary to ensure that the optimum number of team members per centre is maintained.
- Provides support for Centre team, managing performance within the team.
- Supports Medical Development Team (MDT) to manage members of the Clinical team to build their capacity and strengthen competency and provides technical clinical staff training and professional development
- Monitors monthly centre results in collaboration with the team and change work plan when necessary.
- Responsible for all logistical requirements needed for the centre and prevents unnecessary stock outs and wastage in the centre.
- Responsible for reporting, clinical issues including major and minor incidences to appropriate channels and minimise clinical complications.
- Any other duties that may come up.
Required Skills or Experience
- Must have a recognised clinical qualification in Midwifery.
- Certified midwife with a minimum of Five (5) years work experience in SRH.
- Be registered with a recognised local clinical professional body in Ghana. Preferably (NMC) Nursing and Midwifery Council and of good Standing.
Skill and Experience
- At least 5 (Five) years post-graduate experience in a Leadership position.
- Senior midwife in sexual and reproductive health care delivery.
- Evidence of basic managerial qualification will be an advantage.
- Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Excellent team coordination skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Work experience with an International Non-Governmental Organisation (INGO) will be an advantage
- Must be multi-skilled and analytical with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of health delivery system in Ghana.
- Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision.
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and reproductive Health Services.
- Able to work on own initiative and at longer periods.
- Team Player and motivates team members to deliver high quality service and results.
- Self motivator and able to motivate others to achieve results.
- Must be pro-choice and passionate about maternal health.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Please submit your application by filling this online form via this link
- Please fill application with the exact job title and location if indicated.
- Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- These are local positions. Interested Non-Ghanaians must therefore have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
- Females are encouraged to apply