Ghana Atomic Energy Commission was established by an Act of Parliament, Act 204 of 1963, as the sole Agency in Ghana responsible for all matters relating to peaceful uses of atomic energy. The Act 204 was amended in 1993 by PNDC Law 308 mainly to enable it to create other institutes under the Commission.
• Responsible for the day-to-day running of the Security Section.
• Maintain and improve the performance of the Security Section.
• Provide periodic reports on security of staff and properties of the Commission to Management.
• Instil discipline in the security service of the Commission and impart the right values to the staff.
• Ensure that the code of ethics of the Security is always adhered to by all.
• Supervise and monitor the performance of staff and take corrective measures.
• Draw appropriate security plans and advise Management.
• Provide periodic in-service training, coaching and guidance to staff to enhance their knowledge in security
• Any other job assigned by the Director-General
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must not be below the rank of Major in the military or the equivalent in the Police Serve.
• Must have at least a good first degree.
• Must have a minimum of ten (10) years relevant working experience in the Military or Police Service.
• Must have excellent inter-personal, communication. writing and negotiation
• Must innovative to upgrade the Standard Of GAEC security.
• Must a citizen of Ghana and an ex-Military or Police Officer
• Must be more than 55 years.
Tenure: All the positions are for five (5) years only but may be renewed for a second term
Application forms may be obtained at the GAEC Cash Office.
A written application together with nine (9) copies of the completed application forms should be lodged with the Director-General at the address below:
Ghana Atomic Energy Commission
P.O. Box LG 80
The application should also include:
Join over 958 happy subscribers