Note: Never pay any money to any recruiter for any purpose (certificates, medical testing, interview, work kit or any other thing).
The Ghana Institute of Languages is located in Accra, the capital of Ghana, and teaches English, French, German, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian languages.It was established in 1961 by the first President of Ghana, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah.It was formed to enhance the linguistic competence in modern languages of Foreign Service personnel and civil servan...
Read more about this company
- The Assistant Director is under the direction of the Director and the Board of Management of the institute
- He/She is the deputy chief executive of the institute
- The Assistant Director should, therefore have the the requisite qualifications and experience, a clear understanding of language education and its direction, and be capable of assisting the Director and Management of the institute towards achieving its goals
Qualification Required & Experience
The suitable candidate must
- Be a Ghanaian citizen
- Be a PhD holder in a language related area with a minimum of 5 years of teaching and research experience in a reputable tertiary institution. Professional status would be an added advantage
- Have mastery of the English language, both oral and written
- Must be fluent in at least any 1 other modern languages, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish
- Have senior management position experience, have an enquiring and innovative mind
- Have knowledge of the committee system of administration in tertiary institutions
Terms of Appointment
- To be determined by the Board of Management of GIL in accordance with Act. (NLCD 324 of 1969).
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive
- Tenure of appointment is 3 years. The successful candidate should be able to serve a full three-year term before the compulsory retirement age of 60. The appointment may be renewed for a further 2 years, subject to satisfactory performance
Method of Application
Prospective candidates should submit application letters with 7 copies of their curriculum vitae, indicating dates of birth, contact information and addresses of 3 referees, certified copies of transcripts and tertiary level certificates (and their certified translations if necessary. In addition, one must provide a statement of their vision for the institute in not more than one Thousand (1,000) words.
Candidates should request to submitted to any of the following addresses:
Search Committee for Assistant Director
c/o Ghana Institute of Languages
By Hand Delivery
Attention: Ms Patience Wormenor
Ag. Human Resource Officer
Third Floor, Room 2
Ghana Institute of Languages
Candidates are also requested to submit soft copies (in scanned PDF) of their application to the following address:
[email protected] / [email protected]
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love