Abt Associates is working on a wide range of efforts in Ghana, including programs to protect people from malaria, strengthen the country's health system, evaluate the impact of financial incentives on agriculture, expand clean energy and boost regional and global trade.
Read more about this company
Data Cleaning/Entry Assistant
Abt is currently seeking qualified individuals to fill a temporary position of Data Cleaning/Entry Assistant (20 positions). Successful candidates will be contracted for up to 2 months. Candidates that live in any of the following districts will be preferred: Bunkpurugu-Nakpanduri/Yunyoo-Nasuan (Nakpanduri), Tatale-Sanguli, East Mamprusi (Gambaga), Gushegu, Karaga, Kumbungu, Mamprugu Moaduri (Yagaba), West Mamprusi (Walewale).
Females are strongly encouraged to apply!
Responsibilities of Data Entry Assistant
- Enter data collected during the project activities into a project database.
- Perform regular and extensive data cleaning.
- Address data collection errors and perform regular data cleaning
- Generate and print various data reports from a database when requested
- File all completed data forms according to project data filing protocols
- Support relevant sessions of trainings for seasonal IRS workers on mobile Data collection (MDC)
- Sync mobile data from tablets to the database and charge the tablets on daily basis
- Provide ad hoc technical support to spray teams on mobile data collection
- Conduct data collection verification exercises in the communities when required
- Support verification and reconciliation of community mobilizer days worked/payments
Required Skills or Experience
Requirements for Data Entry Assistant position
- Minimum of Diploma in computer science, data management or any other related field
- Certificate in DHIS2 is required (visit the following link for free course on DHIS 2 and certification: https://academy.dhis2.org/courses/HISP/DHIS2_Level1/2015_Q1/about)
- Experience in data entry and management is an advantage
- Good interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency in English and one or more northern Ghanaian language will be an advantage
- Comfortable using spreadsheet applications, such as MS Excel.
- Comfortable using, troubleshooting, and providing support on smart devices usage.
- Comfortable with using the DHIS 2 system for data entry, cleaning
Method of Application
Select a preferred district from the list provided above and state it in your application letter. Application letters that do not have specific district indicated will not be considered.
To apply, submit an application letter and CV, address to “Through the Operations Manager” PMI VectorLink Project, Ghana- Tamale, using one of the instructions below:
- Email application to the following address: [email protected] Please indicate the position and preferred district in the subject line of the email. Emails without district and Job title will not be considered.
- Deliver application by hand to the Abt/PMI VectorLink Project office located near the former VSO office off the SSNIT Road BB Gas Junction, Tamale.
Deadline for submission of applications is 5:00pm Tuesday December 15, 2020
Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.