Enjoying together around good food" defines the essence of GBfoods. Today, with a turnover of around 1 billion euros and a team of 2400 employees, the Group is present in Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, CIS Republics, in 30 countries in Africa and the Middle East. Since its launch, more than 40 years ago in Africa, Jumbo has become the leading bra...
Read more about this company
This position will support operations by maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and optimizing all facilities and manufacturing equipment including but not limited to construction, painting, plumbing, welding, heating/cooling, automation and fire protection systems in a safe and orderly fashion.
This position creates value for the facility by performing preventive and corrective maintenance leading to increased up-time and reliability, thus helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals.
Results / Accountabilities
- Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and simple electrical problems on plant facilities and production equipment.
- Recognizes and corrects potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicates this to Maintenance Manager.
- Performs welding and fabrication (both stick and gas) in various locations and positions including pipe and structural on various metals for new and existing equipment.
- Responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials and work area
- Responsible for providing coverage in the absence of other Maintenance Technicians.
What can you expect from us?
- Working for GBfood will offer you a wide variety of career opportunities that will enable you to utilize your full potential. In addition to local and global developmental opportunities, we provide employees with competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits plan and much more.
What do we expect from you?
- We are looking for someone who is committed, action oriented, problem solver and excellent relationship skills, pays attention to detail and is ready to explore the opportunities and challenges that the role brings.
Education and Work Experience:
- HND in appropriate Engineering discipline with experience/competence in Operations, Maintenance, Process Control and Performance Measurement in a brewery or drinks or food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of teamwork principles, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and problem solving.
- Strong mechanical repair/troubleshooting and metal working skills.
- Must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate proficiency in Machine Repair, Machine Tool Operations, Pipefitting and Welding.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and problem-solving skills with focus on attention to detail
- Be able and willing to work in non-ideal environments
- Strong communicator (both oral & written).
- Job scheduling skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving organizational and personal goals.
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment.
The incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Job Ownership
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving