Tullow Oil is a leading independent oil and gas exploration and production company. The Group has interests in over 80 exploration and production licences across 16 countries which are managed as three Business Delivery Teams: West Africa, East Africa and New Ventures.
Tullow is seeking to hire a principal Production Technologist (PT) based in the Accra Office in Ghana. The position will deliver all aspects of Production Technology support for the Jubilee and TEN Assets that are deep-water turbidite midlife fields. The Principal Production Technologist will be responsible for:
- Planning and leading production technology projects and activities.
- Carrying out/leading high-end studies related to lower and upper completion design, including but not limited to the following:
- Geo-mechanical rock strength and sanding propensity,
- Formation damage,
- Sand face completion concept selection & design,
- Perforation design & optimization,
- Sand management/control,
- Artificial lift concept selection & design,
- In well flow assurance issues & mitigation design,
- Providing coaching & mentoring for engineers in the team
You will be an experienced Production Technologist with deepwater experience interfacing between Subsurface, Well Engineering, Subsea & Operations teams within the Ghana Business Unit. You will additionally demonstrate:
- Expertise in sand face completion design
- Deep knowledge in flow assurance & artificial lift
- Proven experience of well and reservoir management
- Strong analytical and production technology simulation skills
- Extensive production technology driven experience with exposure to field operations
- Ability to coach, mentor and work with a team of young and graduate engineers
- Stakeholder management skills to work with joint venture partners, government officials, project teams and contractors
- Highly effective communication, influencing and interpersonal skills; proven track record working collaboratively and at being able to build consensus but also able to effectively and constructively challenge.
In Tullow, all individuals are treated fairly and respectfully, and everyone has equal access to opportunities and resources to enable them to contribute to Tullow’s overall success.
To achieve this, we offer our employees:
- A performance-driven culture that generates results
- A commitment to your personal and professional development
- A chance to make a difference to our business, working in or leading teams of talented, committed people
- A culture that appreciates diversity & inclusion and provides equal opportunities
- Recognition and reward for your performance.
Our philosophy is to bring people into Tullow with whom we can build a strong, mutually beneficial and long-lasting relationship. Working for Tullow will increase your knowledge, broaden your horizons and extend your professional network. We offer a competitive reward package of base salary, incentives and benefits which is designed to attract, retain and motivate the best talent in our industry.