PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platformsvaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovationsthat harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passi...
Read more about this company
PATH are currently recruiting for a Program Officer to join our dynamic project team to support the national introduction and sustained use of the STREAM across Ghana. S/he will manage specific activities in the country and work with Ghana and global based team to develop and implement national STREAM strategies and district-level plans. The Program Officer will work closely with the Ghana Health Service and key public sector stakeholders to advance the use and adoption of the STREAM.
- Lead engagement with the Ghana Health Service, district-level health leaders, and other relevant stakeholders to draft and develop national STREAM scale-up strategies and district-level plans.
- Work with GHS leaders to form a national strategy development team, including outlining a national scale-up strategy framework and identify roles and responsibilities of team members.
- Manage national and district-level work planning and data collection/partner engagement activities to inform national STREAM scale-up strategy topics, including but not limited to relevant WASH/IPC in Health Care Facilities policies; training guidelines and monitoring plans; target geographies and distribution plans; financing sources and budget estimates; and maintenance and repair services.
- Work with district health officers in up to ten priority districts to develop district-level implementation plans, fleshing out topics including trainings, supervision and monitoring, maintenance and repair, etc.
- Conduct training, monitoring, and supervisory support visits to analyze progress and continuously refine implementation approaches and strategies.
- Manage the preparation and submission of research ethics submissions to conduct WASH/IPC related research in Ghana, including drafting/reviewing study protocols, data collection tools, and other relevant documentation.
- Support the collection of market intelligence, regulatory requirements, financing strategies, supply chain assessments, and stakeholder mapping to inform go to market strategies for the STREAM device in Ghana.
- Support global and local engineering experts with the development of technical designs and water treatment approaches using STREAM chlorine for inline water treatment in Health Care Facilities. Includes overseeing the installation, piloting, data collection, and dissemination of results.
- Lead the planning and facilitation of biannual strategic meetings with national, regional, and district leaders to review monitoring data and discuss modifications to national scale-up and district implementation strategies, as well as a final dissemination meeting.
- Liaise with PATH commercialization officer to engage the GHS and relevant government agencies in consultation with global commercialization and project director, develop a national costed scale-up plan. This plan will describe estimated STREAM scale-up costs (e.g., capital, human, recurring) and potential financing schemes (traditional and alternative funding sources) that are required for the sustained implementation of national STREAM strategies.
- The applicant should preferably hold a master’s degree in Public Health, Business Administration, or Economics, or equivalent advanced degree plus a minimum five years in healthcare management consulting or other relevant private and public sector experience.
- Experience engaging with public and private sector partners at all levels of the health system.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following topics: WASH in health facility programs, health systems, medical products, and regulatory systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Ghana public health context, including MoH structure, policies, and procedures, particularly immunization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced, high-pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain close and effective relationships with partnering organizations at local, national, and international levels.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but also capable of working independently.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically up to approximately 20% of the time.
Must have legal authorization to work in Ghana.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
Please Be Advised
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to [email protected]